Monday, January 5, 2015

One Little Word 2015 : START

I casually decided that my One Little Word for 2015 will be START. I have a million and one things I could write about that word right now, but I thought I would begin by sharing my first start project.

As I was looking through my goals notebook in mid-December, I noticed I wrote "secure domain for my own dot com and move the blog." That never happened - can you tell? So, that project has claimed #1 position and will be the first goal for 2015. After six and a half years in this space, I'm anxious for a fresh start, a clean slate and a new direction.

At the end of December, I signed up for a 14-day trial with Squarespace but after just 24 hours, I committed to a year of their services to help me build and host my website because I loved it so much. I secured my domain and now it's time to work out the details, and start learning a new platform.

Starting is the hardest part. Yes, I will vouch for that. It's time to stop worrying, to be brave and just do it. To stop making excuses, be aware of the distractions and just start. I am in the process of breaking down all of the steps involved with getting the site up and running, and I should probably even give myself a deadline or launch date as a push to get it done.

In the meantime, I feel like I have so much to share and write. Figures. My completed December album. My plans for Project Life in 2015 and a fun opening page. Goals and projects I'd like to work on this year. I'm not sure when and where I will post that, but I will, eventually.

I love having an actionable One Little Word and think this one will suit me and my life well this year. Happy 2015, friends!

8 comments:

  1. Moving to Squarespace last year was the best thing I ever did. But you're right, doing it is hard. I think I half-assed and cheated my way thru (hence, no archives). But once you do, the pay off is huge. The options, the white space, the galleries... totally worth it.

    YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you are awesome! Your blog revamp last year is what really got me thinking about it. I adore the simplicity and white space and can't wait to get rid of the extra crap on mine. Thanks for the kick in the pants!!

      Delete
  2. "Start" is a lovely word for the year! And, by which, is the only way to get anything done!! Best wishes for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so true Jessica. Thank you so much and Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Nicole! I really enjoy following your blog and PL and all the other stuff. I'd love to hear more about squarespace - what is it that made you choose it? What are your plans for it? I'm contemplating a change...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I mostly choose Squarespace because I love the template designs (they're amazing) and the ability to change elements on my own as I wish. Eventually I will probably move my shop away from Etsy and to my website so it'll be nice to have everything in one space. They have a short video on the homepage which is super inspiring. You should check it out!

      Delete
  4. start is such a great word! Love it. And yes, it will absolutely help you to take action. Do you take Ali's class?

    Squarespace looks like a really great platform and I can't wait to see the new site and which direction you'll take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I've taken Ali's OLW class three times in the past and loved it, but I passed this year. I don't know if I'll do much documenting of it, other than my usual lists. :)

      Delete