Friday, December 19, 2014

falling behind / looking ahead

It's been several weeks since I've posted, which seems to warrant a little bit of catching up. In list form, no less :

Falling behind / with all things social. I don't know why - it wasn't planned at all. I haven't been blogging and I haven't been reading my favorite blogs. My Feedly is overflowing but I'm hopeful I'll get through it some day soon. My computer and my brain enjoyed the unintentional break.

Looking ahead / I've decided not to continue on as a Studio Calico Creative Team Member next year. There was some confusion about my name being listed on the new team announcement in November, but that was a mistake. The last two years were awesome and Studio Calico is no doubt the best kit club around. I had so many fabulous opportunities and the ladies on that team are some of my very favorite people in the world. Personally, I feel like it's time for me to move on and pursue other things. I'm really excited about it.

Looking ahead / my Christmas shopping is complete and once Morgan gets off the bus this afternoon, we'll have two whole weeks to enjoy as a family. I'm especially happy we won't be doing much traveling either.

Falling behind / on my December album. On Tuesday morning I was 10 days behind, but because I'm keeping my album so simple, I was caught up again within a few hours. I've shared my first 6 days in the 25 Days classroom and at this point, I'll probably plan the album in full once it's complete. Maybe even with a video flip-through.

Looking ahead / to Ali Edwards Story Kits. I signed up not long after they were available for preorder and I'm so so excited about getting back into making layouts again. About using what I have and what I love and making stuff for me. While I wait for my first kit, I've been organizing a binder to keep all of my story sparks, lesson PDF's and layout sketches. Has anyone else subscribed?

Looking ahead / to 2015. New goals, a new planner, a new Project Life album. Taking classes (online + in-person) and teaching classes. Figuring out what to share and how much to share. I got these Powersheets in the mail yesterday and I think Lara's new book would be a perfect companion. Planning is my favorite and I love a fresh start.

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I get the story stamps but not the kits. Im going to try and just use the product I already have. I seen your post on IG today about this and you have inspired me to add some scrapbooking goals into my planner. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The classroom content is awesome and I love that it's going to help me use up the product I already have too. Have fun planning your goals!

      Delete
  2. Yay for Christmas break! Hope your family time is fun and full of awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep blogging your PL (and what you do with the Story Kits). You have always been my favorite PL CT'er at SC and will miss seeing your work there! Such a bummer for me, but happy for you doing what is best for your life and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Anonymous, but my decision to leave had nothing to do with my personal life. My family has been very supportive.

      Delete
  4. Whenever I haven't had the time to read all the blogs in my feedly I sometimes just mark everything as read. It totally helps to remove the pressure.

    I always loved seeing your work in the SC gallery but I can't wait to hear what's next for you.

    I was thinking about signing up for Ali's Kit. But haven't yet. Not sure if I really want to. Maybe I just buy kits I really really like. Still not sure.

    I hope you had wonderful Christmas days and I'm wishing you a good start in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing you create more layouts, I'll miss you in the SC team but wish you the best! I'll keep following along :)

    ReplyDelete