Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tutorial : Misted Leaves Background

The Studio Calico Color Theory line continues to grow, and one of the newest items available in the shop are coordinating mini mists.
The changing fall colors in a photo I took while on a hike on our local trails last month inspired me to recreate the look with the Sunny Day + Mint Hint mists along with one of the leaf digital stamps from the Walden card brushes to design a 2-page layout for my Fall Handbook.
I'm sharing a step-by-step tutorial on the Studio Calico blog today. You check it out here.
Grab your favorite mists + I'll show you how to create a misted background with any digital stamp brush. Of course, you could cut out of a few steps and use any Silhouette cut file as well.
I love how the gradient color looks with the photo. This layout couldn't be more simple + I think that's why I like it so much. I hope you'll give this technique a try!
Supplies: Walden Project Life kitwhite cardstockWalden Card Kit Stamp (digital stamp brush), Sunny Day Mini MistMint Hint Mini Mist, Leaf Green Mister Huey's, foam circles. 

5 comments:

  1. Love the leaf background. So awesome Did you use the silhouette for cutting? And that negative page is awesome too! Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - I used the Silhouette to cut the leaves. :)

      Delete
  2. the leaves are so awesome, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my WOW, this looks absolutely AMAZING, love it!

    ReplyDelete