Monday, November 3, 2014

on my mind : December Daily 2014

It's November and I'm feeling a little better about saying that I'm starting to work on my December Daily album for this year. I've been brainstorming for a couple weeks and just started making some serious notes about how I want to approach my album this time around.
I'm so excited to be a contributor for Studio Calico's upcoming 25 Days class! Stephanie Bryan is leading us this year with ideas + prompts, getting our supplies organized and several videos during the next two months - as well as lots of other goodies including printables, digital templates and an adorable class kit (while supplies last). You can read more details about the class + sign up here.
This will be my 5th December Daily and I'm anxious to get started. I spent some time last weekend going through my previous four albums and making note of what I liked and didn't like, as well as reminders of what I want to capture this year.
My approach for 2014 is to stay small + simple. I've chosen not to purchase a full kit this year and instead will be using the leftovers I kept from the last two December Daily kits I've used, plus the Pine Hill + Garland Road add-on's along with the 25 Days class kit, to assemble my own kit. I'm really looking forward to changing it up this time. My focus will be to include a photo and/or a story each day during the month of December and that's it. If I can work on it every day, awesome. If not, that's cool too. I've always tried to do a little creative work each day, but it doesn't always happen. Especially in December. If history repeats itself, I will probably work on a few days worth of my album, every few days.

I'll be sharing the start of my album here on the blog in the next couple weeks, but I, and the other 25 Days contributors, will be sharing some of our completed pages only in the class. This week, I plan on pulling together items - cover materials, papers, embellishments, etc. - a little each day before spreading it all out and forming a cohesive kit. Then I'll post what I'll be working with here.
One other decision I've made for this year is to not document December in my Project Life album. By the end of November, my fall Handbook will probably be full. Rather than start a new Project Life album at the beginning of December, I'll just wait and begin my 2015 album in January.

I love this project so much + am so looking forward to seeing what other people are making. Hope to see you in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment