Tuesday, October 28, 2014

xoxo mini book : Jamaica 2014

While cropping with my mom and sister a couple weeks ago, I was able to start + finish a mini I've been meaning to make for a while. Mark and I went to back to Jamaica in April to celebrate our 10th anniversary (you can see the mini from our first trip in 2013 here) and I knew I wanted to use these neon pink acrylic album covers from Jamaica for the occasion.
After putting my photos in a somewhat chronological order, I started matching papers I had pre-trimmed and other bits - tags, Project Life cards, transparencies, etc. I used temporary adhesive to stick the pages + photos back to back, clipped them into the binder rings (which I ended up swapping out to 2" rings - thanks Mom!) and went through, page by page, adding embellishments and journaling while permanently adhering the pages together. Once the base of the mini was together, I did a lot of skipping around. I'd flip through the whole thing, find another section to focus on, add more bits and pieces, all while flipping around. A lot.
It came together rather quickly though. I'd guess about 16 active cropping hours (which included plenty of talking and eating) from start to finish. I don't have a formal supply list to share either. I used a lot of leftover bits from past Studio Calico kits + collections, plus a bunch of these tidbits from bananafishstudio (which I based much of the color scheme for this album on). I also had my photos printed by Persnickety Prints instead of printing all of them at home. I choose their square press prints for this project and love how they turned out. They are a beautiful thick cardstock with a bit of texture to them - something fun + different.

So here we go. If you're wondering about a particular product, I can answer your questions in the comments.
I know it's a big one. Thanks so much for looking!

5 comments:

  1. This is freaking gorgeous! The first few pages are my fave ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wish I could hold this gem in my hands and flip thru all the pages—the mix of products, photos and sizes is so awesome. and i always love the journaling. it's my weak spot, and you do it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my wow, I absolutely love every single bit of this mini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beyond amazing!!!!! I love it

    ReplyDelete