Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall Handbook 2014 | Opening Page

Ahh, divided page protectors are my favorite. And by now you probably know I love to use them for my album opening page because they are perfect for adding bits and pieces of your most loved embellishments - and they're just fun. This first page uses this page protector.
I knew I wanted to use the photo of my kids behind the divided page as my first full page. As I rummaged through my stash, I choose lots of kraft, gold, wood and navy for the divided page and kept most of the pockets see-thru so you could get a peek of that photo before turning the page.
Some of the embellishments are adhered right to the top of the page protector (like the breathe badge and the chipboard camera) and others I stitched into the pocket to keep them from falling out. And of course I added a tab to the edge.

Here is the back :
My biggest tip when putting together a page like this is to create the front and back together and don't adhere anything in place until you know what the back will look like too.
Make sure you embellish or cover the backs of stickers, or decorate the backs of labels or tags with more paper or stamping prior to finalizing your page with glue or stitching. Above, I added some repeated date stamping to the top left card. I also used the 'let's get cozy' stamp from this set to the back of the hello banner tag before slipping it in the pocket and machine stitching it in place. For the cork circles in the top right pocket, I adhered them back-to-back to make them double sided so they can float freely inside the pocket with a veneer geotag.

Supplies used : Baker Street add-on (blue label, cork circles, hello banner tag, gold scallop card); Chelsea add-on (breathe badge, veneer pie chart); Poet Society PL Main (blue Fall clip); Studio Calico South of Market collection (white and woodgrain star sequins, phrases stickers); Studio Calico Essentials collection (veneer geotags, chipboard camera); Gum Drop add-on (gold tipped leaves); Scarf stamp set, ink - galaxy gold brilliance and deja blue

You can see all of my Fall Handbook updates here.

1 comment:

  1. I love love the idea of filling those pockets with small embellishments and leave enough room to see the photo behind! Great work Nicole.

    ReplyDelete