Monday, October 27, 2014

Fall Handbook 2014 | 03 with Walden

I'm still clipping along with filling my fall handbook and finished 5 new spreads with the Studio Calico November kit, Walden. I added a couple of techniques that I would typically only try on a scrapbook layout, and love how they turned out. Clicking on the photos will take you to my gallery where you can see the layouts + closeups a bit larger than here on the blog.

Please note : at the time of this posting, links to kits and coordinating items will only work for Studio Calico subscribers. Walden will be available to the general public at 12 midnight EST tonight, the evening of October 27th. 
Spread 01 is a Walden Project Life main only, along with the (very versatile) Holiday stamp set.
 Spread 02 is all Firchburg.
 Other than that 'Write it down" badge from the Firchburg add-on, spread 03 is all PL main only.
 I've been inspired by my friend Jen and how she's been adding her script and calligraphy to her layouts lately. Check out her gallery here. I tried it myself on the spread above with a detail paintbrush, inky black mist and watercolor paper. To balance the dominate black and white, I added several colorless elements from the Hello Forever printables on the right side. The only thing from a 'kit' here is the star from the main PL kit (which are black on the back).
Spread 05 really reads like a scrapbook layout and I love it. I've been adding many 6x8 enlargements to my handbook, but still have so many page protectors to use up. The inspiration for this layout was the photo I took on the left a couple weeks ago during a hike. I printed the photo on textured white cardstock and used the same for the base of the right side. I misted another piece of cardstock with sunny day + mint hint before I used the leaf image from the card kit digital stamp brushes to create a cut file background. I have a full step-by-step tutorial to share on the Studio Calico blog next week.
One more reminder! Now is your last chance to sign up for the Mini Book Library! Celine's class will be running in November (more info here) and she is using the Concord add-on for her mini album. You can enroll in her class individually (for $10), or you can sign up now for the Mini Book Library (for $36) and get instant access to my workshop (which ran in February), Maggie's May workshop and Marcy's August workshop. The album I made during Marcy's class is one of my favorites! You can see it in full here

1 comment:

  1. Love all the bits of your stories in these pages! Parker's burrito blanket looks cozy and Morgan's creativity is behind awesome.

    ReplyDelete