Wednesday, September 17, 2014

just us : a mini album

Hooray for finished projects! My latest is the mini album I made during Marcy's Mini Book Workshop at Studio Calico in August. I loved the format and the Jet kit and I'm really pleased with how my album turned out.
The theme of my mini was to collect my favorite photos of my husband, Mark, and I together, since we started dating in 1997. 17 years of photos and boy are there some doozies. Those early years kind of blurred together, but I was often able to figure out what year it was by my outfit or the length of my hair. Old, hilarious, embarrassing photos. Travel photos, selfies before they were even called selfies, and even a pimp and ho party for good measure. Good times.

I also made a video if you like to flip through the pages that way. Here I talked a bit about how I set it up my album as well :

Want just the photos? Well here you go :
Kit names were blurring together during the video because I was trying so hard not to blurt out the October kit name (which was a secret at the time), so here is a complete list of the extras I mentioned : 
Thanks so much for looking! Did I forget anything? Any questions?

10 comments:

  1. Wowser! What a beauty! There are so many great ideas and it flows so nicely together! I have been loving that attacher die from SC, so handy. I am def goin to use your chipboard frame idea and adding the date at the end. I also love that last pic, another cute idea. Thanks for all the inspo Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tara! I don't know what I did without that attacher die. :)

      Delete
  2. You have such a cute voice! I really love how you said that you wanted to put all the photos in the same place. That made me realise that it's one of the reasons I love mini books so much - putting everything together for a reason other than "date". I would absolutely love to do an "us" album. Every time I think about it I get overwhelmed. Although thinking about it... this makes it totally deserving of my beloved gold 4x4" album.

    There is so much goodness in these pages that I couldn't possibly pick my favourites. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caylee! Videos are not my forte at all but I thought it'd be easier to show the album that way. I love minis for the same reason and until now I never had a single home for all of these photos. It was so fun to make!

      Delete
  3. so awesome to see that video. Thanks for making it! And that mini? The best! It makes me want to make one right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet. Thank you for the love Andrea! :)

      Delete
  4. I just discovered your blog through create.share.love and I'm so glad she mentioned one of your posts because I love your blog. This is a beautiful album (: Congrats on being together and happy for 17 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Welcome Mika! Andrea is awesome - she is one of my faves. :)

      Delete
  5. I love your minin book. It is so cool. And guess what...you guys were taking selfies long before the rich and famoue.
    Thanks again for sharing a slice of your life.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all I {heart} all your album creations, Nicole!

    This Christmas my husband's big gift is a special date every month with just the two of us recreating some of our favorite things to do before children {19 yrs. old/college} whether it's day tripping, fishing with a picnic lunch, etc... Your lovely album creation I'm BORROWING would be a perfect gift for Christmas 2018! I'd LOVE any input you might have as well.

    TFS your inspiring creations ...

    ReplyDelete