Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fall Handbook 2014 | 01 with The Underground

New season = a new Handbook and Studio Calico's The Underground kits could not have been more fitting. It's reveal day and today I'm sharing the first half of six spreads I made with the October kits. Clicking on the photos will take you to my gallery where you can see the layouts + closeups a bit larger than here on the blog.

Please note : at the time of this posting, links to kits and coordinating items will only work for Studio Calico subscribers. The Underground will be available to the general public at 12 midnight EST tonight, the evening of September 27th. 
Morgan's first day of 1st grade
The center insert is a 4 pocket page protector cut in half vertically.
Parker's first day of preschool
I went big with the kids first day of school spreads. A 6x8 photo plus a clipping from some artwork they brought home during those first few days were the base of each layout.
Staying In
This spread ended up being one of my favorites ever. On the large 6x8 photo, I used Paige's background cut file as a stitching template over this photo I snapped of my first PSL of the season. The gold embroidery floss ended up being the perfect subtle touch for this enlargement and it balanced the gold on the opposite side. I'll be sharing a start to finish tutorial here on my blog on Monday of how I did this.

So, that's the first three spreads. I'll share the rest next week, but until then you can see them all here in the Creative Team gallery. And since it's also time to shop, these are my favorites this month, as well as what I snagged to be bundled with my scrapbook kit subscription :
  • King's Cross add-on : I love the stamp set and bits of pink in this one. I have a mini album I'm going to start next month and the colors in this embellishment add on will be perfect. And of course, if you're a fan of LifeLovePaper and Hello Forever, this kit is a must.
  • Scarf stamp set : I've already used bits of this one on a page I'll share soon and the interchangeable pieces are awesome. This set is going to get a lot of action in the coming months. So cute.
  • Here + There Craft Die : I think this die would be perfect for any travel album and I love that these dies are separate. Cool font and I love the ampersand as well. Perfect for any paper scraps you have on hand, or a 4x6 paper pad.
  • Halloween Cards : Love love love. I've already set mine aside to document Halloween next month - trick or treating, as well as the kids classroom parties.
  • more 12x12 vellum

Happy shopping + enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment