Monday, September 8, 2014

Catching Up

I've been feeling pretty meh about this space for the past few weeks and meh in general until just a couple days ago. It happens to the best of us, right? While I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, here's a super random share about what's going on :

I love the start of a new month, especially September. It's like the beginning of a new year and it's been a time I like to tackle big projects. This month I'm doing another round of 30 bags / 30 days. Never heard of it? Basically you list 30 areas in and around your house that you want to declutter. Each day, choose one space to purge and fill one bag (or more - big or small) of unwanted stuff to get rid of. I did this two January's ago and love how it breaks down this big and potentially overwhelming project into small bites. It's so manageable and I don't spend more than 30-45 minutes per day on it (often less). Some days I work on more than one space if I'm feeling extra motivated/moody/anxious. I plan to have our house clutter-free again at the end of September.

While going through my clothes, I think I'm going to incorporate this capsule wardrobe concept. I love this planner freebie.

Occasional summer boredom and procrastination turned into frequent screen activity, so I changed up the way I spend time on social media. I took the Facebook app off my iPhone and iPad (wow was this a welcome change). I only read blogs from Feedly on my computer or my iPad (so I enjoy reading them more now and hope it will encourage me to take the time to comment on my favorites). I turned off all notifications on my phone so I'm not getting alerts anytime someone interacts with me, or 'likes' an Instagram photo (I've noticed a big difference in the battery life on my phone too). Want to try the same? Andrea wrote a great post about how she is making a habit to spend less time online this month.

School is back in session and we are getting back into our groove. Our routine is a little different this year as Parker is in all-day preschool two days a week. Two whole days that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself. My goal right now is to fill those days with things I tend to save until late at night when the kids are in bed. I'm looking forward to lots of daytime scrapping, some self-care and having my nights back for chill time.

I finished my mini album from Marcy's Mini Book Workshop at Studio Calico last month - woohoo! I love how it turned out and it's a thick one so I'm trying to figure out the best way to share it. Photos, video, or both...

I've got a plan to finish my summer Project Life Handbook in the next two weeks thanks to Caylee's Project Life Catch Up Guide. If you are behind, at all, even a little bit, it's so so helpful. You can break every little thing down into lists to help you get it done. Seriously - go get it here. I'll be sharing our quickie trip to Chicago later this week.

I'm expecting this book tomorrow and reading this one for the second time (and taking lots of notes).

Here's to some more regular, less random posts.

2 comments:

  1. I've decided to unplug from my blog this month and remove a few apps.
    Next up...turning of social media notifications.
    I hope you enjoy your chill 'me' time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that 30 bags in 30 days project sounds really interesting. I like the fact you are only taking 30 minutes every day. This makes it so much more manageable. I do the same with my thousands of photos. I have around 25'000 photos on my mac and they are eating my space. There are too many bad photos (like blurry, out of focus, strange faces, just photos you never would want to see anyone) so I take the time to delete those I don't want anymore.

    Will you share your take on the capsule wardrobe on the blog or on IG? Would love to see your choices.

    Okay, now you inspired me to delete facebook, feedly, and some other apps from my phone.
    Thanks for linking to my blog post! So glad, you like it.

    I want a video from your minibook ;)

    ReplyDelete