Monday, August 11, 2014

Project Life Summer 2014 | 04 Camping at Port Crescent State Park

Over the Fourth of July weekend, we took our annual camping trip to Port Crescent State Park on Lake Huron at the tip of the thumb of Michigan. We've been going there since Parker turned one, so this was our 4th time there!

In the past I've made a separate mini album of our camping trips, but since I'm already in Handbook-mode for my Project Life this summer (and I really don't need to add another project to my list), I decided to just add a few spreads to document highlights from our trip.
The first spread features a calendar card from the Wanderlust line and photos from around our campsite. We were right on Lake Huron / Saginaw Bay and had an amazing view. The kids had plenty of room to play too - which is always a good thing.
This card is one of my favorites. I simply punched a 2" circle from vellum and added some Crate Paper Open Road Thickers over it. Tiny attached on my photo (with the center going through the horizon) and done.
The We R Memory Keepers 4x4 page protectors fit perfectly in a Handbook with no additional hole punching! I added one above with a printable tab on top. The pink heart sunglasses are from the Crate Paper Open Road Ephemera Pack.
The backside holds part of a brochure from the farmers market. On the right, I used the attachers die to include our camping permit.
I used several of the cards from the July 4th set that was available last month. The gold star card above is one of them and I attached the GO banner I handcut from some old-ish Pebbles patterned paper (included in my favorite Studio Calico add-on ever, Navy Pier). Most of the other embellishments are from the Crate Paper Open Road Ephemera Pack.
More July 4th cards on the next spread (which was July 4th). It was a perfect day - hiking in the morning, beach in the afternoon, campfire + s'mores + fireworks in the evening.
For this album size, I like to cut down a page protector to make a mini insert. I used the tab die included in this set along with a July 4th journaling card to make a tab on the side.
I printed a couple of my favorite photos full size (6x8) and love them big! One from the beginning of our hike (above).
And our last sunset.
I have about half of our of summer done and my Handbook is half full. I'm loving this format! I'll share our trip to Chicago next week.

You can see all of my Summer Handbook blog updates here.

My Summer Project Life Essentials : Studio Calico Handbook / assorted page protectors / Studio Calico Project Life kits / corner rounder / tiny attacher / journaling pens / Alte Haas Grotesk font 

No comments:

Post a Comment