Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sandlot sneaks

The August Studio Calico kits provided the perfect start to my Summer Project Life Handbook. I'll write a bit more about what I expected and how it's coming together more in my reveal post on the 27th. For now, how about some peeks into my Sandlot layouts?

The colors this month are quite summer-y, but I also found myself reaching for the bits of red in the Project Life main kit. It went nicely with the bowls + bowls of fresh cherries we've been devouring, as well as the red that Morgan often wears. There is no shortage of circles either. Those transparent die cuts below are fun + easy to alter :
I went big with full 6x8 photos in a couple of spreads. Below I used scraps from the 4x6 paper pad, along with wood pieces + the aqua alpha in the Yeah Yeah add-on plus the silver glitter tape and tiny word stickers in the Repeater add-on to create a messy grid along the bottom edge :
I dedicated a full spread to our first trip to the zoo this summer and put the focus on some of the awesome journaling cards in the Yeah Yeah add-on. I bet you can guess that the other cards say :)
Geralyn designed some adorable cut files this month. As a little superman ice cream tribute, I pulled out the neocolors + experimented with recreating those sweet colorful swirls. I'll share a tutorial on that next week :
And Tina never disappoints with her designs either. Below is a peek at her printables, which I printed on vellum this month. You can also catch a glimpse of the kraft envelope set too :
As I write this post, I'm still squeaking out a couple more spreads. Now that I've got about a month or so documented, I have a better idea of how to 'squeeze it all in', or even better, how to choose the best of the best.

Want to see more sneaks? Go here. I'll be back on Sunday to show my spreads in full + to share my favorite products this month. Man I love when reveal lands on the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. what beautiful sneaks!! in which kit is that kraft envelope?
    I love how you wrote "mine" over those cherries :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! The kraft envelopes will be sold as a set, separate from the kits / add-ons, but with the PL kits at reveal. :)

      Delete
    2. perfect. (adding them to my list :) )

      Delete