Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Project Life Week 24 : Penny Arcade

One last spread with the Penny Arcade kits. This is Week 24, which is the final spread in my first album for 2014. This was the last week of school, as well as Father's Day weekend.
Left side = Design C. I had a ton of photos this week + a ton to say, so I opted for lots of typed journaling via Photoshop before I printed my photos. My favorite is the top left photo of Morgan sitting at the top of our driveway.
She insisted on setting up a lemonade stand and wouldn't you know, that lemonade badge in the Bottle Toss add-on was a perfect little embellishment.
The right side is also a Design C but I stitched up the left side 4x6 pockets to create six 3x4 pockets. The journaling cards are a mix from the High Striker add-on plus the printables. I used a lot of digital scrapbook + Project Life stamps in this spread - to go with the typed journaling on my photos. For the "meet me in the sunshine" brush below, I enlarged it to fill much of the blue sky in the photo and then turned down the opacity to gray it out.
I did a similar thing with the photo of Mark and the kids above. I added the "I love you more" brush to the right side of the photo so the rest of the phrase hung off the edge. Then I cropped the original digital brush so I used just "than all the stars" below it and turned down the opacity so it wasn't as bright white as the top half. I rotated each layer a bit so it looks hand-stamped and adhered the red resin heart from the main Project Life kit above it before calling it done.

My 2014 Project Life essentials : Studio Calico Project Life kits / We R Memory Keepers Greige Albums / Design C photo page protectors / corner rounder / tiny attacher / journaling pens / Alte Haas Grotesk font 

1 comment:

  1. so good Nicole!
    I never know how to use those doilies because I'm not a doily person. But I really like how you used that red doily. In this case I actually like it :)

    ReplyDelete