Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Project Life Week 23 : Penny Arcade

This is Week 23. The week of both Morgan and Parker's birthdays but this spread is all about the non-birthday stuff. I have already completed separate layouts as inserts for each of their special days that I still need to share here. This spread is made of a mix of the Penny Arcade kits and I stuck with a color theme this time - aqua, gray/silver, woodgrain and a little green.
Left side : A Design F with the 4x6 pocket stitched in half to hold two 3x4 cards. We started our two week countdown till summer vacation this week, stocked up on swimsuits and (I) drank a fair amount of wine. The pink swimsuit tags were a bit blinding but I was determined to use them in my spread (I like documenting stuff like the kids clothing and shoe sizes every once in a while, as well as the prices of things like this), so after stapling the tags to some patterned paper, I added a piece of vellum over the top to tone it down a bit.
Sometimes I like to jam a little journaling on a filler card to tell more about the week :
Left side : A Design C (I seem to like this C + F combo). This was the week that the South of Market collection went live at Studio Calico, so I included the photo I took (actually several weeks prior) of me holding my transparency. I need to remember to capture more of my happy moments, like this, too.
The right column of this side are all photos from our first family rock climbing excursion. Mark and I used to climb a lot before the kids were born, so it was really fun to get back up there with some friends and their kids.

The "you're so totally awesome" cut below is a new craft die + stamp set combo that is a perfect match with the 4x6 paper pads. The die leaves a great border on the bottom edge of the 'awesome' so you can trim it down (or not). For the stamped portion, I stamped "you're so" and "totally" separately on some grid paper and then cut out the banner shape to staple over the die cut. Such a fun duo.
My 2014 Project Life essentials : Studio Calico Project Life kits / We R Memory Keepers Greige Albums / Design C + F photo page protectors / corner rounder / tiny attacher / journaling pens / Alte Haas Grotesk font 

1 comment:

  1. The colors on this spread are so good. I love the combination between the 3x4 cards on the left and the 4x6 on the right.
    How cool is the idea to cover those pink tags? amazing.

    ReplyDelete