Thursday, July 3, 2014

Project Life Week 22 : Penny Arcade

Hello Week 22. This week was the end of May and the second of four spreads I completed with the Penny Arcade kits. This one mainly features the Bottle Toss add-on. Clicking on the photos will take you to my gallery where you can see the layouts a bit larger than here on the blog) : 
Left side : A Design C for lots of photos that I kept super simple with typed journaling and some date stamp action. That's it. On the top left photo of Parker blowing bubbles, I adjusted the font size to match the volume of his voice as he made absolute sure I was watching him. :) The silver puffy stars were a nice accent for each line of text.
Right side : I balanced the Design C with a Design F (and stitched that lone 4x6 pocket to be two 3x4's). This was the week that Maya Angelou passed away, so I hand-wrote one of her quotes in the top right corner was a little tribute. I used a metallic silver American Crafts pen to go with the other silver accents in the kit.
You're probably sick of hearing my profess my love for the stamp. Paired with some of the Color Theory inks (I used Deja Blue, Clean Slate, Blush Crush, Sunny Day, Well Red and Mint Hint) it made a great little filler card.
And although I'm not much of a doily girl, I really like these colored ones in the kits this month. That green below worked perfectly to balance the green-heavy left side of my spread. I just adhered about an inch of it to a journaling card, trimmed off the excess and zig-zag stitched it on. I love that added bit of (non-bulky) dimension.
My 2014 Project Life essentials : Studio Calico Project Life kits / We R Memory Keepers Greige Albums / Design C + F photo page protectors / corner rounder / tiny attacher / journaling pens / Alte Haas Grotesk font 

1 comment:

  1. Great pages! I always love seeing your PL spreads each month! :)

    ReplyDelete