Monday, July 21, 2014

Project Life Summer 2014 | 01

My summer Handbook is coming along quite nicely. I'm loving the size, the format and the ease how the pages are coming together. Before I started playing with the August Studio Calico kits, I created a few pages with a mix of leftovers I had from past kits, as well as decorated the spine (above). Here's what I've done so far :
The opening page is a We R Memory Keepers 4x4 page protector (which fits perfectly into the Handbook with zero hole punching!) I layered a photo of the four of us from May over an acetate sheet from the Studio Calico Wanderlust line.
The backside is some Lemon Lush paper with that awesome scratch off card from the Camelot Project Life kit, which conveniently goes with the "you are my sunshine" banner on the front :
Page two is our summer bucket list. The watercolor cards were so fun to make!
I used neocolors on watercolor paper to create these two-tone circles and blended the colors separately with a water brush. I typed out make, do, go and eat on grid paper, trimmed them down with extra space on the bottom edge, and then stitched them on with my sewing machine.
Then I simply filled in the rest of the card with my list. I used the tiny heart stamp from the Bottle Toss kit with galaxy gold brilliance ink to separate each item.
The filler cards on the bucket list page are from various kits over the past year or so.
Page three is an October Afternoon 6x8 page protector of 2x2 inch squares. I trimmed off the right hand column because I love varied sizes and this one serves as sort of a bookmark for the first month in this album, June.
Lots of bits and pieces from previous kits, especially Penny Arcade and the coordinating add-on's. The yellow 4 geotag was made from felt and this craft die.
The ice cream print was created by Shanna Noel's daughter, Addison. You can read more about it here. I just printed mine at 6x8 and slipped it in a page protector. Such a fun summery addition!
I also included a little bit of South of Market, including the red labels, my transparency and the free printables.
And that's it for part one. Later this week I am going to share some sneaks of what I've added to my Handbook with the August Studio Calico kits. Reveal is this weekend!

You can read more about my decision to change up my Project Life from 12x12 to 6x8 for the summer here.

My Summer Project Life Essentials : Handbook, assorted page protectors, Studio Calico Project Life kitscorner rounder / tiny attacher / journaling pens / Alte Haas Grotesk font 

2 comments:

  1. Love your summer album so far! I love how you incorporated so many bits and pieces. Such a fun keepsake to have in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Nicole. I especially love those two-tones circles with those tiny words. What a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete