Friday, July 18, 2014

around here

planning a mini trip to Chicago with Mark in August.

feeling quiet + unmotivated in this space and I'm just going with it.

accepting and embracing the ebb + flow, as they say.

wondering where summer went. It has not been very warm here at all.

playing with Bamboo Paper.

having a difficult time committing to photos and art work for our living room gallery wall. Will it ever be done?

taking a self-help / personal growth break and reading Catching Fire.

anxiously awaiting the Mockingjay release in November.

experimenting with natural skin care (think baking soda, apple cider vinegar and honey) + loving it for many reasons.

laughing a lot at things my kids say. I love having them home.

dreaming of going back to a paper planner in 2015. This one is at the top of my list.

loving our lazy summer + doing what we want.

Have a great weekend! Our plans include attending a little festival in our town - complete with a parade, shopping and lots of kids activities. Maybe even some cotton candy and elephant ears.

3 comments:

  1. I really like that planner! I have a Filofax that I love, so I'm set, but I really need to add meal planning pages to it (now that I'm without a college meal plan for the first time in three years).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, daisies are just my favorite. And paper planners are my thing too--Filofax, of course. I've never been very good at keeping up with my iCal, even though it syncs all my devices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching fire is such a good book and you also have to read the last one.
    Paper Planners are just the best. But actually I use more of a combination of a paper planner and my phone. All appointments go into my phone and all to do lists and notes go into my planner. I just need to have my appointments in my phone because this is the one I take everywhere. When I only carry a small bag I don't take my planner with me. (and I look at that simplified planner every week. It's just so beautiful)

    ReplyDelete