Friday, June 27, 2014

Project Life Week 21 : Penny Arcade

Happy Friday and happy Studio Calico reveal day! Penny Arcade is now available to subscribers and today I want to share my Project Life main only spread. This is Week 21 (clicking on the photos will take you to my gallery where you can see the layouts a bit larger than here on the blog) : 
Please note : at the time of this posting, links to kits and coordinating items will only work for Studio Calico subscribers. Penny Arcade will be available to the general public at 12 midnight EST tonight, the evening of April 27th. 

Left side : I love this page protector configuration - either from altering a Design C or using the Design S in the Variety 5 pack. I did my usual photo treatment here with some printed journaling + alpha stickers or a small embellishment. And that 'freak out' card was super appropriate this week. 
Right side : Another Design C to hold lots of photos. This was Memorial Weekend and we got to visit my sister and her family, so that called for a sisters with sangria selfie. :)
I had to have surgery this week, but rather than "publicly" blab about it, I wrote on one of the 4x6 journaling cards and tucked it inside a Starbucks pastry bag I had kept that week. I trimmed the bag down a bit to fit in the pocket and then folded and stitched a corner down so you can see the journaling card behind it. I trimmed the 'take note' banner off of one of the 3x4 journaling cards in the main kit and stitched it on the new card as a tab. The woodgrain chipboard feather made a pretty little accent.
This month's kit also included a mask with an awesome starburst pattern. Rather than pulling out my Mr. Hueys, I used the mask like an overlay and stitched it to a photo I had taken of my peonies about to open. The color of the alphas matched the flowers so nicely. I used the peony bud as an O and added P's on each side to spell "POP". I love how this pocket turned out.
Typically I wait until reveal to do my extra shopping so I can have my order (or orders, haha) bundled with my scrapbook kit subscription, but this month I just had to snag a few things for fear of them selling out before today. Here's what I picked up :

  • House Guests stamp set : oh my is this so cute in person. I want to rig up my own "house" with the Silhouette so I can use patterned paper, along with a mini version to use in my Project Life. I also heard that there will be more additions to the house. If it were up to me, there would be a holiday edition with Halloween decor and Christmas lights. Eep.
  • Handbook Page Protector #5 : which includes two new configurations that fit in the Handbook albums. I'm starting out with 2 packs to mix in with my summer album.
  • Stamp and Die Storage Pockets : despite my ruthless stamp purging, my collection is growing. It was time to just accept it and get them organized.
Other must-haves that I really enjoyed working with this month include the 4x6 paper pad and the Awesome craft die + stamp set with my go-to black ink, Versafine Onyx Black.
I'll continue to share each week of Project Life I completed with the Penny Arcade kits over the next few weeks here on the blog. You can also see them here in the Studio Calico gallery, along with the gorgeous work of the rest of the Creative Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment