Friday, June 13, 2014

around here

This past week has been wonderful around here. Here's a peek :


Parker got a big boy bike for his birthday last weekend. He's been riding a balance bike for the last two years and is really good at it, so we thought it was time to step it up. This video was shot last Sunday. Go Parker!
Despite living on a very quiet street, Morgan insisted on setting up her first lemonade stand. It was the cutest thing ever. She set up a big cardboard box for a table, made a sign and grabbed her little cash register to hold change. Her customers included Parker, and a neighbor who drove by on her way home and then walked over. She was geeked!
I finished the 3 weeks of Project Life I was hoping to complete and mentioned here. I'm probably not going to blog them (so I can continue working in other things) but I did upload them to the Studio Calico gallery if you want to see them - Week 18 / Week 19 / Week 20
Since then, I have finished two more spreads with the July kits. I feels good to be on a roll again! I haven't declared a fave kit yet this year. Until now. July is good! Come chat with us tonight at 11pm Eastern while we wait for the official sneaks at midnight.

I finally broke down and bought a new paper trimmer. So far, so good! Yeah for straight cuts.
We went rock climbing for the first time in 7-8 years. I made it the top of a beginners climb once (which was good enough for me!) and Morgan even gave it a shot.
Awesome weather means we have been eating outside a lot. Pioneer Woman's gazpacho is one of my fave hot weather meals.
I finished my first string art project of the Great Lakes and I love how it turned out.

Speaking of Michigan, Erica enabled me and I snagged this stamp set from Kelly Purkey. I can't wait to get it!
I'm drafting a blog post about my summer Project Life plans. I can fit a couple more weeks in this album (through this week), plus I want to add a big envelope in the back for cards and papers before I move on. Look for that next week.

Morgan's last day of kindergarten is today. I think we're going to attempt a do-nothing week next week while I get used to having both of them home all day. We are all excited to get this summer started.

I hope your week was a good one. Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's sneak night again already! I just bought that Fiskars Procision trimmer a couple of months ago and love it! So worth it. I also made a string art last year... it was the shape of California! Speaking of, I got the CA stamp set from Kelly Purkey. It's awesome. Enjoy your Michigan stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lemonade stand is so sweet! I always buy lemonades on the street if I see a kid doing this. To see the happiness in there eyes is so priceless.

    I just checked out that Gazpacho recipe. I have to try this asap.

    That paper trimmer looks like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to make gazpacho this week...I'm so ready!
    You'll have to make me some cute cards with the KP stamp. I wasn't quick enough to get my own. Phooey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.my.gosh. That lemonade stand is priceless. Makes me wish you had more traffic on your street--or I would have be able to purchase some!

    ReplyDelete