Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sketchbook (and breaking my hoarding tendencies)

Back in January, I started subscribing to the Studio Calico scrapbook kit. Near the end of last year I was buying them, one at a time, because I loved them so much and they coordinated with the Project Life kits I was already using. I subscribed with the intent to scrapbook more but I confess, I haven't touched any of them since January.
Well, I've touched them. A lot. But I haven't made anything with them. I organized them all in crop bags and they are hanging neatly behind my scrap room door. I've spent hours scrolling through the gallery and adding layouts from community members and the creative team to my Inspiration Book. But that's about as far as I've made it.

Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook class begins on May 1st and I'm determined to get some layouts scrapped. 72 new sketches should more than inspire me to get these kits out of bags and in my albums! I want to know what it feels like to kill a scrapbook kit, people.

I'm also contributing to the class with a Project Life spread. I loved working from a sketch (and man, there are so many ways to interpret one) and I'm anxious to see more. Here's a peek at my spread, which is memorabilia heavy.
As luck would have it, this is a perfect time for me to get to work. I'm between kits (and assignments), National Scrapbook Day is coming this Saturday and next weekend I'm cropping with my mom and sister for Mother's Day. I have a list of stories I want to tell, so certainly, it is time to get to work.

The free shipping window for subscribers ends tomorrow so if you are looking to add some of the class dies or embellishments to your cart, now is a great time. You can see them all here.
Those badges are my favorite and will be hard not to hoard. You can read much more about the class hereSketchbook is enrolling now through April 30th at 11:59pm EST, and the first class lesson will be posted on May 5th at 8am EST.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm so happy that I'm not the only one in this situation! I have been subscribed to the Citrus Twist PL kit since last September and I've only cracked open two of the kits so far! I just haven't had time all school year to scrapbook whatsoever. I am planning to start using my kits up in a couple of weeks when summer starts, though. I can't wait. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so not the only one. :) Good luck to you too!

      Delete