Wednesday, April 30, 2014

10 Years

10 years ago today, I married my best friend and the love of my life.

It was a wet April day on the island of Kaua'i, and Mark and I were getting ready in our little beachfront vacation rental in Kapa'a. In separate rooms, and then together, then outside on the deck hoping the rain would pass. Earlier that day, we had met up with my family for lunch and I remember trying so hard not to be upset about the non-stop rain that day. I get teary-eyed now just thinking about it.

Rain or shine, the show must go on. We talked to our wedding officiant, Claire, and even briefly entertained the idea of changing the location. We decided against it and Claire assured us the rain means good luck. I was certain she just says that to make brides feel better. We were, after all, near one of the wettest places in Hawai'i.

We hopped in our Jeep and drove up the north coast to Anini Beach. We found a little spot under some trees that kinda kept us dry and we were joined by our family and friends for a quiet ceremony - complete with a lei exchange, bare feet and umbrellas. It was a short, sweet and super casual wedding which equals awesome and low-stress. Just how we like it. The morning before we had stopped at a local party store to get our wedding license. You can't get more casual than that.
Afterwards, we took lots of photos and then drove back to the house for more. I'm so glad the photographer suggested it because those were some of my favorite from that day. Even the wave mishap that left me even more soaked than I already was. I'm sure a few of you remember that!

Our "reception" was a luau in town. Lots of good food, my favorite people and non-stop mai-tai's. It was the perfect ending to the perfect day.

Happy Anniversary Mark! I love you more than you'll ever know. Let's make the next 10 years just as amazing. XO

You can see the album I made for our trip (minus the wedding) here. It is one of my favorite minis to date.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful ceremony. You're reaction to the wave mishap was priceless!

    ReplyDelete