Monday, March 31, 2014

Project Life Week 11 : Bluegrass Farm

Week 11 : March 10 - 16
Another pretty ordinary week around here. Creative time, snuggles, lots of yummy food and snow day number eight. I think, I hope, after this nice weekend we had, that we are done with winter.

The left side is a modified Design C page protector (this design is actually in this variety pack now - which I'm very excited to use). I combined the Bluegrass Farm Project Life kit with the add-on's, Tabasco and Gertrude, for this spread and loved the mix of embellishments.
Instead of adding watercolor to the heart die cut shape below (from Gertrude), I stamped on it with the XO stamp in Tabasco with Well Red ink. I love the pie chart diecuts (also from Tabasco) and cut one in half and stapled it to the same journaling card with my tiny attacher. It turned out to be a pretty cute filler card.
The right side is a Design A page protector. I am thrilled to have several journaling cards in the Gertrude add-on this month and the 'let's go somewhere' 4x6 card was one of them. Mark took Morgan skiing again over the weekend and afterwards Morgan made him the little heart I attached to the left side of the card. On the right side, I asked Mark to write a little about their day, in his own words, and I'm glad he was happy to do it. Once the card was done, I cut it in half to fit inside the 3x4 pockets.
We also got a postcard from my in-laws who are in Florida for the winter and it was a perfect fit in a 4x6 pocket. I used the 4x6 paper pad (which is still available!) to punch a tab and adhered it to the top edge of the postcard.

On the pink 3x4 card, I stamped 'documented' from the Nelly stamp set in Clean Slate over and over to fill the background.
I used another one of the watercolor die cuts over the photo of Morgan during her ski day. I added some green watercolor lightly over the die cut and adhered a circle punch of the brown polka dot paper in the 4x6 paper pad behind it.

Another week of Project Life in the books! I'm planning to work on Week 12 + 13 in the next few days and get myself caught back up.

My 2014 Project Life essentials : Studio Calico Project Life kits / We R Memory Keepers Greige Albums / Design A + C photo page protectors / corner rounder / tiny attacher / journaling pens / Alte Haas Grotesk font 

No comments:

Post a Comment