Thursday, March 27, 2014

Project Life Week 10 : Bluegrass Farm

It's reveal day at Studio Calico and I'm sharing my Bluegrass Farm Project Life spread with the main kit only today. This is Week 10 (clicking on the photos will take you to my gallery where you can see the layouts a bit larger than here on the blog) :
Please note : at the time of this posting, links to kits and coordinating items will only work for Studio Calico subscribers. Bluegrass Farm will be available to the general public at 12 midnight EST tonight, the evening of March 27th. 

If you've been following along this year, I've been using a lot of Design C and F page protectors in my album and adding stitching through the 4x6 pockets to make more slots for 3x4 cards. I'm so excited to get my hands on this new variety pack which comes with two designs that I've been making on my own for weeks. Yes!
It was a good week, for the most part. Pretty ordinary but boy was I hoping I could get a mommy time-out by the end of a couple of long, crabby, over-worked days :
It was also the week my baby girl lost her first tooth. I documented it in her childhood album and here because I think it's a pretty big deal. :) That 'eek' badge was totally appropriate because that's what I said the afternoon she jumped off the school bus and declared that her wiggly tooth had finally come out. I adhered it to the outside of my page protector with glossy accents :
I added some bold handwritten titles to my journaling cards this week to pull the spread together, and for an extra pop of black. That xo digital stamp is a blown-up version of the one in the Tabasco add-on and I love the extra detail it added to the photo.
My favorite part of this week's spread was this bi-fold card. Mark and I are counting down the weeks (well, days now) until we go to Jamaica to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I am crazy about this numbers printable Geralyn designed for this set and printed it on transparency to create a pocket on the front of this folded 4x6 card. It was a great way to show off the ampersand clip and the folded card was perfect for adding some hidden journaling to the spread. Watch for a tutorial on how I made this coming soon. :)
What's in my cart this month?

  1. the Bessie add-on (because I loved Tina's today stamp that much - and that skinny washi!)
  2. the attachers craft die (my Handbook and minibooks are going to LOVE this...)
  3. a black 4x4 We R Memory Keepers album and black Handbook for new projects!
  4. a Mister Huey's watercolor set.
  5. I also got a ton of supplies for the Mixed Media class that starts in April. I admittedly got anxious and placed an order a couple days ago, so I'll share all of that next week.

Other faves this month :
The star confetti and symbols dies! I let out a big squeal when I found these in my box a few weeks ago. The confetti die is BIG and goes perfectly with the 4x6 paper pads. I think the negative would be an awesome background as well.
If you are looking for extra embellishments, Studio Calico now has a kit for that. This month's kit is Pip and I'm loving the puffy hearts and the washi. So fun.

Happy shopping and I'll be back next week to share Week 11. In the meantime, you can also see it here in the Studio Calico gallery along with the work of the rest of the Creative Team.

My 2014 Project Life essentials : Studio Calico Project Life kits / We R Memory Keepers Greige Albums / Design C + F photo page protectors / corner rounder / tiny attacher / journaling pens / Alte Haas Grotesk font 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man that gold you & me badge in the pip add on is almost enough to make me grab it. Big decisions to make!

    ReplyDelete