Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day in the Life : Thursday February 20

It's been months since I've documented a Day in the Life, so last month I printed one of Ali's planning sheets she uses for her Week in the Life project, and focused a day on taking a lot more pictures than usual.

The new Today letterpress plate was perfect for making a filler card for this spread. Since the Letterpress class last September, I've been wanting to try the ombre technique, so I gave it a shot with this new plate. I choose teal green, teal blue and navy as my three colors.
I strayed from my usual white letterpress paper and impressed the image on thick chipboard for this card. After printing my photos, I knew adding a little brown to the spread would look good. I kept with the blue tones and used a lot of navy, white and brown that I had leftover from the Office Hours kits.

I cut down a Design F page protector for this insert, so I had 3 cards across and 3 down, almost like an enlarged baseball card protector because I prefer to keep my inserts smaller than the standard 12x12 page. Here's a look at the front :
How cute is that Today card?
I created a repeating theme with the Fact stamp from the main kit and stamped it in Deja Blue on hand-cut banners with grid paper. I stamped the numbers with Something Blue. Add a little handwritten journaling + a zig-zag stitch and the photos were done :
 
I used the other plastic card I had leftover to create a see-thru pocket in the insert. Here I layered a piece of a journaling card from the Spreadsheet kit (you'll see the back further down in this post) with the camera die-cut. I cut out and adhered 'everyday' from another journaling card and wrote 'through my eyes' on the camera lens :
On the bottom edge, I added a clear file tab and simply wrote 'a day in our life' inside :
And I couldn't not paint on this journaling card with the plus signs. I just added a little messy watercoloring with blues and greens here :
Here is the back :
Similar to what I did in my Week 7 spread, I made a another label collage card to hold journaling and embellishments :
And more navy Thickers. Yup, that L is really a 7 :
I was hoping to squeeze one more layout out of my Office Hours kit, but it is pretty much depleted now. I have a handful of embellishments to add to my stash and that's a really good feeling. Plus, it's time to start playing with the April kits! Come by the Studio Calico chat room tonight at 11pm Eastern while we wait for sneaks on the new kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment