Thursday, February 27, 2014

Project Life Week 6 : Office Hours

It's reveal day at Studio Calico and I'm sharing my Office Hours Project Life spread with the main kit only today. This is Week 6 (clicking on the photos will take you to my gallery where you can see the layouts a bit larger than here on the blog) :
Please note : at the time of this posting, these links will only work for Studio Calico subscribers. Office Hours will be available to the general public at 12 midnight EST tonight, the evening of February 27th. 

Every month when I receive my kit, I sort through the journaling cards and separate the ones I know I want to use right away from the ones that either aren't my style, or are date or season specific (since the creative team works a month ahead) that I save for later. I only had one card in the latter pile and it was a March calendar that will get used ASAP. Yes, the cards are amazing this month. A big plus in my book. I love the mix of navy blue, kelly green and coral - colors I never would have matched up together (and another sign that the Color Studio class was meant for me.)
I used several of the digital stamps in my spread - continuing to tell those stories right on the photo. My tiny attacher got a workout too. That seems to be my favorite way to attach sequins at the moment.
When I posted my sneaks on the message board, I got a lot of questions about the bottom right photo (in the above spread). I love following the lines and curves in my photos as I journal. Here I stamped the numbers from the stamp set in the main kit in Well Red, then using a slickwriter, I wrote along the edges of the plate, coffee cup and my iPad.
The right side of my spread (above) is a Design C page protector that I stitched up the center of the left side to make two columns of 3x4 pockets. The love this life card was made with the navy Thickers + clear plastic sheets that come in the kit and I added a machine stitched frame around the letters. I love slipping transparent pieces into my Project Life, so these clear sheets were a really fun addition. I can't wait to see how they are used!
And those cork circles? So awesome, and the perfect compliment to all the other circles in my spread.

Don't forget to visit the digital shop for coordinating printables + labels. If you are into digital scrapbooking, you'll find something totally new - 12x12 digital cardstock! Check out that green (my favorite shade) and the grid paper :
I'll share my Week 7 spread next week but for now, you can also see it here

2014 Project Life essentials : Studio Calico Project Life kits / We R Memory Keepers Greige Albums / Design A + C photo page protectors / corner rounder / tiny attacher / precision pens 

No comments:

Post a Comment