Thursday, February 6, 2014

Project Life Week 3 : Sugar Rush

Hello Week 3. This week started out so good. A visit with my mom, slightly warmer temperatures and lots of creative time. But it ended with my little guy becoming very lethargic and unable to keep a high fever down - resulting in an evening trip to the ER. It was nothing more than a bad cold (RSV), though the nurse sure did enjoy shaming me into not getting him a flu shot. We left with a prescription of lots of fluids, rest and pain medicine.

Here's the full spread, using the Sugar Rush Project Life kit plus add-ons (click the photos below to see larger images and closeups in my gallery) :
Left side : this is a Design F page protector that I stitched through the single 4x6 pocket to create 2 3x4 pockets. I love how much I can fit into a week with all of these pockets. And still have room for fun filler cards + cut files.
Right side is a Design C page protector. I love how it contrasts the pageful of 3x4 pockets. I'm going to be using this combination a lot this year. I kept the photos simple with digital stamps, small embellishments and labels.
I've said it before, but I can't get enough of those tiny word stickers. Especially because it gives you a typewriter look without the typewriter (that I don't have). You can use a single word or create a sentence. I think it would look cool to combine these with handwriting on a journaling card too.
Below is the backside of the circle/heart Silhouette cut from Week 2.  The 'in a word' digital stamp is from this set.
As is the 'feeling under the weather' stamp below. 'Love this' is from the Project Life digital stamp files here. I added some small embellishments like the gold hearts (from Cherry Sours) and cork stars (from Ring Pop) for extra something.
I've got two more weeks planned with the Sugar Rush kits and I'm actually tackling a bigger project too - finishing my Week in the Life album. From last September. At this point, I'm about 80% done (much thanks to Ali's digital templates) and just need to add in memorabilia and journaling cards to the baseball card-sized pockets. I think hope I'll get it completed by the end of the weekend. Hooray for finishing those unfinished projects!

2014 Project Life supply list : Studio Calico Project Life kits / We R Memory Keepers Greige Albums / Design F + C photo page protectors / corner rounder / tiny attacher / precision pens

No comments:

Post a Comment