Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sugar Rush sneaks

Hey hey. Just popping in this morning with a few peeks of my Sugar Rush Project Life sneaks.
The colors in the February kits are lovely + the embellishments in the main kit are a lot of fun. The wood veneer are awesome as are the chipboard shapes. I hope we see more of those in the future! My favorite though are the alpha stickers (seen above and below on the pie chart). I used up nearly the whole sheet in the two spreads I made this month.
The circle cut file this month is so fun! I used it in a 3x4 pocket and backed some of the hearts with pieces of one of the patterned journaling cards. I added a little stitching with some gold thread I had in my sewing machine still after finishing up my December Daily. It ended up being the perfect touch to tie in the other gold elements.
Above and below are bits from all three Project Life kits. You can find those tiny word stickers in the picture above in the Ring Pop add-on (another personal favorite).
As I intended this year, I used a lot of the digital stamps this month, as well as some typed journaling. I had a lot of fun mixing up the page protectors too! It's been a fun challenge to think outside the Design A box. Above, the gold stars are in the Cherry Sours add-on. The cork stars can be found in the Ring Pop add-on.

I can't wait for reveal on Monday! Last week I bit the bullet and finally subscribed to the scrapbook kit. I've been buying them the last four months so I figured it was about time. I'm looking forward to digging in to Copper Mountain this weekend when I crop with my mom and sister. I hope this is the little shove I need to start making more traditional layouts again. I hope...

2 comments: