Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Setting up a Project Life Baby Album for a gift

This is my third year of Project Life and I am still in love with this system. In that time, I've completed six albums and started a childhood / school album for my daughter with the Mayfield Edition, but I haven't had an opportunity to check out the baby core kit. No more babies for us in this house.

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are expecting their first baby in the spring + it dawned on me last month that a Project Life album might be an awesome gift for them to document the baby's first year. They had a gender reveal party before Christmas + just hours after we found out they were having a boy (yeah!), I ordered a core kit.
Once I had gathered all of my supplies, I followed Becky's post, how to set up a baby album, to assemble it. I rearranged a few pages but it took just a few hours to get everything organized, slip the cards in the pockets, and send off a complete baby album - ready for photos + memories.



Before I mailed the album to the new parents, I shot this little video to show you how I put it together. I love how it turned out, but at that time, I was still nervous about their reaction to it. Despite all of my notes (because I couldn't give it to them in person), I hoped that they would "get it." I'm so happy and relieved to say that mommy and daddy both love it and have already called it, "the best gift ever." Well there you have it. 

Supplies I used :

Envelopes : Big (12x12) and Tall (6x12) or this variety pack

6 comments:

  1. absolute perfect timing for this post. I have promised two new moms albums and just haven't jumped in and done it.
    Thanks for showing us how easy it really is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy! Way to go for tackling two. They will love them!!

      Delete
  2. way to go, Momma! so thoughtful. I know they will cherish this gift for years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for my SIL to get pregnant so I can do this for her! Do they still make the baby core kits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! They do, but I believe they are only on Amazon.

      Delete