Monday, January 27, 2014

Project Life Week 2 : Sugar Rush

Studio Calico's February kit, Sugar Rush, is available for presale to subscribers. Please note : at the time of this posting, these links will only work for Studio Calico subscribers. The kits will be available to the general public at 12 midnight EST tonight, the evening of January 27th. 

Week 2 was a spread I finished with just the Project Life main kit. Around here, we had an extended holiday break because of several snow and cold days. We kept busy with lots of movies, outdoor play, coffee, reading and 'playing school.' Click the images below for larger photos and closeups in the gallery.
I used the Design C page protector on the left and added a vertical stitch to make one 4x6 and 2 3x4 pockets in each row.
And the right side was a Design F with extra stitching through the 4x6 pocket to make the page all 3x4's.
Such pretty pretty colors this month and I couldn't get enough of the alpha stickers. They were great for adding a bold title to my journaling cards and for percentages on the pie chart above. I'm often at a loss for using up the numbers - so this was perfect.
The chipboard stickers are amazing. So much so that I used them to make my own journaling card (below on the left).
Something that I hope to keep in mind this year is to add more transparent elements to my pages. The cut file below was a fun way to do that this week. I just cut it on the Silhouette with white cardstock and then used a circle punch on one of the journaling cards to back the hearts. Then I added some diagonal machine stitching with gold thread.
I used a lot of the digital stamp brushes in this spread too. I love that all of the scrapbook, card and Project Life sets are grouped together. There are a ton in each and you also get the coordinating blank cuts for stamping on. The date circle above is part of the digital Lollies stamp add-on. I rotated and adjusted it to run off the edge of the photo and then changed the January and 12 to red to note the date.

Happy shopping today! In addition to my scrapbook main, I snagged the Spring Cards, this real wood veneer tape plus some 3x4 Grid Cards. Don't forget if you are following along with me for the Mini Book Mini Workshop, I'm using the Gum Drop add-on plus 12x12 grid paper as my base. Check my last post here for other items you might want for class.

2014 Project Life supply list : Studio Calico Project Life kits / We R Memory Keepers Greige Albums / Design F + C photo page protectors / corner rounder / tiny attacher / precision pens

1 comment: