Friday, January 17, 2014

Project Life Week 1

Yeah 2014.

Just after the beginning of the year I had an urge to try something different this year. Last month I was pretty adamant I'd be continuing to use the Design A page protectors as I have the past two years. But then I started looking at the other designs. Particularly Design C and Design F. I was especially intrigued by the idea of altering them (aka, stitching additional pockets) for new variations because I already have them on hand.

I also want to give myself a little more freedom this year to do some Project Life spreads that mix up the kits + other product I love. There were a few January / 2014 cards in the Copper Mountain kit that I couldn't use yet when I was working on my Studio Calico Creative Team layouts in December. So I put them aside to use this month. I want to continue to do that this year so I can use some of my favorite kit elements, especially if they are specific to a month, holiday or event that hasn't happened yet.

This is my spread for week one :
Left side :
The usual Design A page protector. The front side is my album title page that was shared exclusively for the Day by Day class, so I will not be posting it on the blog. This week included a relaxing New Year's Eve redo, a new donut-making weekend tradition, putting the Christmas decorations away, extreme cold + major icicles on the house, and welcoming the New Year.
Most of the journaling cards + supplies I used are from the Copper Mountain and Union Meadows kits. The fork, knife and spoon badge was in the Antiquary kit.
I love the J / January card above! I just added a little handwritten journaling around the circle plus a tiny enamel dot. The aqua 2014 stickers were part of the Blue Note kit.

Right side :
This side is a Design C page protector I altered a bit. I sewed a vertical line through the center of the left side 4x6 pockets so from left to right, each row has 2 3x4 cards, then one 4x6. The twenty fourteen card is from Paislee Press freebie you can find here.
Other than that, I added journaling to many of my photos before I printed them, so all I had to do is add a simple embellishment or hand journaled title before calling those done.

The next week is going to be quiet around here. Of course now that I got back into a blogging groove. I'll be hard at work with my February / Sugar Rush spreads (you can check out the sneaks here - so gorgeous!) + I'll be sharing sneaks on Instagram. Have a great weekend! 

2014 Project Life supply list : Studio Calico Project Life kits / We R Memory Keepers Greige Albums / Design A + C photo page protectors / corner rounder / tiny attacher / precision pens

No comments:

Post a Comment