Friday, January 3, 2014

One Little Word 2014 : Purpose

My One Little Word for 2014 is PURPOSE.

Living with purpose.

Asking questions : Why do I do what I do? Could I do it differently? Does this make me happy or content? What can I do to have the best 2014 possible?

When I'm thinking about my word, I usually look up the definition. If I find myself nodding my head, then I know I've got the right one.

Purpose :

  • having a clear aim
  • intentional
  • meaningful
  • full of determination / determined to achieve something
  • the reason why something is done or used

Then I go on a manhunt for quotes that speak to me. I love the one by Eleanor Roosevelt above. Definitely going to be keeping that one front + center in my One Little Word album.

I'm looking forward to participating in Ali's class again this year + to working on the assignments on my own time and terms. My friend Jen said it best in her post, "There's a simple freedom in giving yourself permission to create and enjoy from your soul, just for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment