Friday, January 24, 2014

Mini Book Mini Workshop

Most of my scrapbooking these days is dedicated to Project Life, but if you've been around for a while, you know I love mini books. I love their small size. I love their focused content. I love the layers + texture you can't always feel through a page protector. The minis below are a few of my favorites from the last couple years. Click the images to see more of each book. 
I am thrilled to be joining Maggie Holmes, Marcy Penner and Céline Navarro this year to help you build your Mini Book Library.
So just how does this Mini Book Library work? During 2014, Studio Calico will be releasing four Mini Book Mini Workshops. Each teacher will be sharing techniques for a different style of album, and if you take them all, you'll finish the year with a basket full of little books holding big memories. You can enroll in a single workshop for $10, or register for the Mini Book Library and be enrolled in all four workshops for the early bird pricing of $32. That's a savings of 20%. The early bird pricing offer expires on 1/31 at 11:59pm EST. And as an added bonus, the regular class discounts for Studio Calico rewards customers and kit subscribers will also apply. This is an amazing value for all of you mini lovers!

I'm up first in February with a 4x4 mini using the Gum Drop add-on that is a part of the Sugar Rush kits. The colors are fresh and there's just the right touch of gold in the alpha stickers and dipped leaves. It will be available for purchase on February 27th (at noon for subscribers / midnight for everyone).
About my mini : "Put away the binder rings and prepare to be inspired by a fun new mini book construction technique with Nicole Reaves. Follow along as she shows you, step-by-step, how to prepare, fold and assemble a unique 4x4 album full of photos, stories and memories."

I'll also be using the 12x12 grid paper, a bone folder, and lots of adhesive, like this dot glue runner + refills. Plus I've dug into my stash of mists, masks + ink daubers as well as some bags + tags for layering to assemble my book.
Registration for my Mini Book Mini Workshop and the Mini Book Library will close on February 28th. Mini Book Library registration will reopen as new Mini Book Mini Workshops are released during 2014. Here is the rest of the line-up :
  • Maggie Holmes (May) - DIY Mini
  • Marcy Penner (August) - Instagram Mini
  • Céline Navarro (November) - Fabric Mini
Want to see more sneaks? Follow me on Instagram. I'll try to get a few more up here before the end of the month too. Let me know if you have any questions + I hope to see you in February!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This workshop sounds like a lot of fun! Any idea whether SC will accept credit cards from Pakistan? I don't want to be disappointed at the last minute like I was before with another mini book class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think so, but I highly recommend you contact customer service at Studio Calico before enrolling. They will know for sure.

      Delete