Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Life | Scripted with Kal Barteski

One of my long-time favorite bloggers is artist Kal Barteski. I began following her about 6 years ago, right around the time that she welcomed her first daughter, Pilot, to the world. I was pregnant myself with our first-born + I quickly became a huge fan of Kal. Her writing, her way of thinking + of course, her art. The first print I purchased from Kal was from her tiny art series + has been living in Morgan's room ever since.
Over the years, Kal's blog was one of the first I checked every morning + I often found inspiration in her words + photos. Her art can be found in various rooms in our home.
And I'm a huge fan of her temporary tattoos.
In the fall of 2011, I took Kal's SCRIPTschool class + fell in love. I was looking for a creative outlet outside of scrapbooking and this class filled it and then some. Creating brush script is fun, incredibly therapeutic + very addictive.
When I learned that Studio Calico would be bringing Kal's newest script class, Life Scripted to the Calico Classroom, I was geeked. When I was asked to be a class contributor, my jaw dropped. To say I am honored to be a part of this would be a huge understatement.
In Life Scripted, you'll bring creative play into your memory keeping with the art of brush script. Learn the ins and outs of brushes and inks to take a variety of projects to the next level with your own handwriting. Our Creative Team members will join in to inspire you how to incorporate your new skills into your pages and projects for 2014. There will be videos from Kal showing brush exercises + techniques, PDF's sharing ideas for layouts, Project Life and cards, bonus digital files, as well as access to the class message board + gallery.

If you want to pick up your supplies when you enroll in the class, you can get free shipping on the supplies below with code SCRIPTEDBUNDLE when you purchase everything together before January 7th.
A. size 2 bamboo paint brush (this is the size I use now)
B. size 4 bamboo paint brush
D. Mister Huey's inky black mist
E. 9 x 12 artist's drawing pad

Also available in the shop is a paint palettejet black gouache (my favorite black) and lamp black gouache.

I'll be back later this month with some class sneaks, and as always, I'll be sharing peeks on Instagram (@nicolereaves). Until then, Happy 2014 and ...

No comments:

Post a Comment