Thursday, December 12, 2013

December Daily 2013 : Day 4

I have several posts written to catch up on the blog with my daily pages. My flow this month seems to be 'work on a few days at a time every few days.' That's what is working for me although I do find myself putzing around at my desk during the day when inspiration or an idea strikes. Regardless, I am caught up as of now + am ready to share here.

December 4 / what we did : nothing out of the ordinary or particularly holiday related, so I decided to write about Charlie, their elf - how he arrived last weekend and how looking for him has been a fun addition to our morning routine.
"cheer" below is a silhouette cut I made with gold POW paper.
The right side is a 4x6 that I centered + stitched in place inside the 6x8 page protector. It gives you a little peek of day five too (I completed the opposite side before adhering and sewing everything in place).
The December Joys banner is from Ali Edwards and can be found here. I turned down the opacity to about 50% so you can see through it a bit. The text font I've been using throughout my album is called Alte Haas Grotesk.

You can see all of my 2013 December Daily posts here.

3 comments:

  1. I am having trouble sewing the plastic page protectors with my sewing machine, any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is your page protector tearing or is the needle dull? I just use a standard needle - the same one I use on paper and photos - and haven't had any problems. I usually sew pretty slow too. Not sure if that helps. :)

      Delete