Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December Daily 2013 : Day 1

December 1 / what we did : drove to our favorite tree lot in town + picked out our Christmas tree.
On the left side is a photo I took while we shopped for our tree. It literally took about 3 minutes to choose one. For the past three years, I've always asked for the price tag (and ignore the funny looks) and add it into my album. This year is no different. I used Basic Grey Attach-Me stickers to add it into my Handbook rather than punch holes in the tag. I really love these clear ones.
The 'hello December' sentiment is this one from Ali Edwards. My plan to keep it simple this year will include using a variety of digital elements as well as adding my journaling (especially if it's lengthy) right to the photo before printing.
On the right, I used a couple journaling cards from the Studio Calico kit, my pre-made date card, and a wood disc that was in the Cuppa Project Life kit. Seemed like a very appropriate use on this day. I replaced the navy and white twine that came on it with plain white cord. Then I dangled a printable label from a Tim Holtz tiny clip and added that to the cord. The label reads "for the love of real trees." To hold it in place, I machine stitched the top edge with metallic gold thread.

On the 'oh Christmas tree' card, I dabbed a few ink dots along the edge using Hero Arts ink daubers (tide pool and green hills) for a little color + to tie it into this spread. I stapled some woodgrain sequins to the calendar card where the open areas of those certain letters would be - again for some added color + texture.

You can see all of my 2013 December Daily posts here.

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff Nicole. It's always interesting to see how you use the Studio Calico kit contents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the use of the wood disc & love your album so far!
    i made my wood disc into an ornament for the tree:)
    and i too got a funny look when i asked for the tree tag. my husband forgot & so i had to have her dig it out of the trash…haha!!

    ReplyDelete