Monday, December 2, 2013

December Daily 2013 : album cover + opening page

Happy December!

Before I start showing my daily pages, I realized yesterday that I never shared my December Daily album cover and opening page.
On the album spine (the majority of the supplies I'm using come from the Studio Calico December Daily kit), I used the 2013 badge from the 25 Days class kit, along with a veneer tree.
I stared at this album cover for a long time before I finally committed to embossing a couple of rows of stars in white. I added a little embellishment to the front with layers of paper from the kit and a woodgrain Thicker, then wrapped the album with some natural + gold twine I had in my stash.
My opening page was made with a slide page protector I cut down to fit in my Handbook. Then I just started filling the mini pockets with patterned paper, gold stars from the Atlantic line, some extra vellum snowflakes I had cut for last years album, sequins, Chic Tags icons and various wood veneer. On a few pockets, I sewed them shut with red or gold metallic thread.
And the back. I love that you can see through to the next (or previous) pages
I'm off to a good (and simple) start and hope to maintain a good flow and motivation through the next several weeks. Aren't we all? I'm keeping my desk dedicated to December Daily in an attempt to work on my spread each night. If nothing else, I want to edit and print my photos every night. Getting it blogged is usually a different story, but I will be sharing my pages as they are done, on instagram (@nicolereaves).

You can see all of my 2013 December Daily posts here.

Happy Cyber Monday!! If you've been on the fence about getting a Silhouette Cameo (or you are asking for one for Christmas), this deal is too good to pass up.
For $199, you get the Cameo and all the essentials to starting cutting (blade, power cord, cutting mat), plus a $25 gift card to use in the Silhouette Online Store. You also getting the new stamping material and special cutting mat so you can make your own custom stamps! This bundle retails for $380 + ships for FREE within the US. You can check out all the details here in the Studio Calico shop.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cover and opening page-- totally inspiring me to get going!

    ReplyDelete