Friday, December 27, 2013

Copper Mountain : Project Life Week 47 + 48

Studio Calico's January kit, Copper Mountain, is available for presale to subscribers.
Please note : at the time of this posting, these links will only work for Studio Calico subscribers. The kits will be available to the general public at 12 midnight EST tonight, the evening of December 27th. 

I'm totally digging the cozy feel in the main Project Life kit this month. Especially the woodgrain. It ended up being perfect for documenting a couple of weeks in November. You can click on the images below to see larger photos + closeups in my gallery at Studio Calico.


Project Life Week 47 : Copper Mountain main kit only
We spent much of this week without power - which meant we were out and about a lot, looking for places to play, eat + stay warm. I used a lot of rub-ons and that awesome wood alpha in this spread, as well as the printables + Catherine's digital template (the far left 3x4 card). The background is a screenshot of the outage map in our area. I just added the 'documented' journaling block over it and added my text before printing it.

Project Life Week 48 : Copper Mountain main kit + Union Meadows + Storm King + 4x6 paper pad
This is the first time I've gotten the 4x6 paper pad and I love it! It's got a perfect sampling of paper and it will go a long way if you are like me and just use a little at a time. This was the week of Thanksgiving as well as the beginning of December so I really had to narrow down the photos for this spread. We had (successful) dentist appointments plus sick kids, but still so much to be thankful for. A couple of my favorite bits in this layout include the 'fly me to the moon' transparency in Union Meadows. I backed it with some of the patterned paper in the paper pad, then before stitching it completely shut, I sprinkled in some sequins from Storm King to make a little shaker pocket. I love how it turned out.

I also used a lot of the digital stamp brushes in this spread. These are really going to help me with my goal in 2014 to do more computer journaling on my photo before I print them. Here's to hoping I stick with it!
I just can't pass up fun journaling cards (and I always kick myself when I don't get them + they sell out!) so here's a peek at what I'm grabbing this month :
Valentine Card Set (I'm scheming a minibook with these for our upcoming 10-year anniversary) / LifeLovePaper Photo Frame letterpress plate / Hello Forever Calendar Cards / (because I'm on the hunt for a great white pen) Uni-Ball Impact White Gel Pen / Lindsey Letters Scripture Cards / (stocking up on) American Crafts Precision Pen .01

Happy Friday! We are off for an afternoon of family fun - including going to see Frozen, then dinner at our favorite pizza place. We had an amazing Christmas + I am so ready to just chill.

Project Life has become my preferred method of scrapbooking. If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. If you are new to Project Life, I have a round-up collection of tips and favorite layouts I've shared here. You can see all of my 2013 Project Life layouts here. Interested in subscribing to the Studio Calico Project Life kitSign up here.

2 comments:

  1. may I ask you a question? I've NEVER done any kind of a project life "kit" and am curious... do you get just enough stuff to do the 4 weeks a month or is there a lot more? I know when you look at the whole year, it seems MUCH cheaper to buy just the core kits and such at Hobby Lobby than a monthly subscription so I'm trying to weigh the benefits.... I LOVE your style... and you seem to have it together. This is my FIRST year to do a PL. I had good intentions a couple of years .... but I've actually got my act together this time... :) YAY me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April! Thank you. :)

      I would say you could get 4-6 weeks out of a Studio Calico kit each month. More or less depending on how much you embellish and if you always put a journaling card in the 3x4 slots. Yes, a core kit (especially with a coupon) is much less expensive than a monthly kit, but what I love most about the kits is the mix of unique product in them that you can't find elsewhere. Each month, everything coordinates beautifully, the stamp set is a non-consumable so you can use that over and over, plus it's really fun to get that happy mail every few weeks. Maybe you can look through the past kits and try one out without commiting. :)

      Good luck with your PL this year!!

      Delete