Monday, September 9, 2013

December Daily Blog Hop

It's that time!

I have been blabbing with anyone that will listen about this years Studio Calico + Ali Edwards December Daily kit. It's now available for preorder at Studio Calico and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. I'm thrilled we don't have long to wait either. It will be shipping in early October - allowing for plenty of time to do some prep work before December arrives.

The album itself is a Studio Calico Handbook which is a perfect 6x8 size. It comes with plenty of different configurations of page protectors to mix your album up, as well as a 6x8 paper pad and coordinating 3x4 and 4x6 journaling + filler cards of various materials. This sneak is one I find myself looking at a lot. I love the card on the far right - the girl holding the big stack of gifts. Too cute!
You can see a full supply list here at the bottom of the page. It is packed + ready to use! Stickers, badges, alphas, lots of ribbon + my favorite thing in any kit, a gorgeous + versatile stamp set. This year, by Elise Blaha Cripe :
My gears are turning with those numbers. Oh the possibilities.

This will be my fourth December Daily album + I'm really looking forward to documenting our holiday season. Seeing how things have changed over the last few years. What traditions have changed + which have stayed the same. One thing that has remained a part of our December + is likely my favorite tradition as a family, is picking out our Christmas tree after Thanksgiving. It's been a part of all three albums and I am excited to add it into this years December Daily. You click the photos below to see my past completed albums.

From 2012 :
From 2011 :
From 2010 :
Oh yes, I'm that girl asking the rough + burly men at the tree lot if I can keep the price tag. I know I'm not the only one. ;)

Preparing my album as much as I can before December starts is really important to me. As an avid Project Lifer, this album is in a format that I am very familiar with. It's structured enough that I can put it together in an organized + unified fashion, but comes with a huge mix of products that will make it fun to work with + each spread can have it's own look + feel. I'm not a big match-matchy scrapper so I'm not super concerned about a page "not going together." On the other hand, it will be very simple to move papers + cards (or entire pages) around if something doesn't feel right. Easy enough.

Every year I say I hope to stay 'caught up' with my daily pages + this year is no different. Finding a flow that is simple + fun + still me will be the key. And keeping my supplies organized is probably one of my favorite parts too. I'll share more about that when I have my kit in hand. One thing I'm going to try to do this year, for the days I can't work on my pages right away, I'll draw a simple sketch in my journal of that days layout, so I have some sort of 'plan' until I can print my photos + complete it.

Yes, September just started and it's not even officially fall yet, but I am anxious to see this kit in person. While I wait, I'll be looking through my past albums, perusing Pinterest and the Studio Calico gallery for more inspiration and ideas. I hope you will join us in the journey!

Head over to the Studio Calico blog to find the list of participating December Daily blog hoppers.

Have a great week + (if you are participating) a successful Week in the Life!

2 comments:

  1. Love that you keep the price tag each year.. Your album looked lovely roll on this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. your DD are so great !
    I love to Watch at the kids in such moments.
    these pictures do really have to be kept like a treasure

    ReplyDelete