Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cutting Edge sneaks

I'm so excited to be a contributor in next month's Studio Calico class, Cutting Edge.
My first Studio Calico class was Cut It Out with Susan Weinroth, a Silhouette class where I learned so much! From print + cut techniques to creating your own title work for layouts + building a stash of die-cuts for my Project Life album. It was a fun + packed month.

In Cutting Edge, also taught by Susan, we are exploring new materials with the Silhouette. They've got adhesive cardstock, printable foil, transparencies and even stamping material to make your own stamps. My contribution includes a fabric tutorial - step by step instructions for cutting fabric with your Silhouette. My experience with fabric is pretty limited since I don't sew or quilt (yet), but just one trip to Joann's had me hooked. With a combination of pretty fabrics, a Silhouette fabric blade + some clean cut fabric interfacing, it is so easy to add the texture + beautiful patterns of fabric to your paper projects.

Here is a peek at what I created :
Also, while supplies last, all students will receive a bonus class kit containing a 2x3in Studio Calico stamp set & cool materials to cut (navy and turquoise vellum, Silhouette chipboard, printable gold foil *which is amazing!*, double sided adhesive). You’ll also get a $10 download card for Studio Calico digital die cut files. This kit will ship free no matter where you are! 

Registration is open until Monday September 30th and class starts on October 1st. Hope to see you in Cutting Edge!

2 comments:

  1. I love you! ;) thanks for sharing...I can't wait!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooooot! Totally love these sneaks. I cannot wait for this class to start. I'm guessing the kits will be shipping soon to arrive in time? I'm stalking my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete