Monday, August 5, 2013

Project Life : a birthday party insert

I will admit, I was horrible about taking photos at the kids birthday party back in June. Looking back, I've never gotten the shots that I wanted and it got even worse a few years ago after Parker was born and we decided to have a joint birthday. Two cakes, two versions of 'Happy Birthday', two kids to watch open presents (and remember who got who what), and make sure everyone is happy + getting equal attention.

But, I did get enough to create a few Project Life inserts from the party. Here's what I put together using the Atlantic line from Studio Calico. The first insert is a 5x7 page protector that holds their birthday party invitation on the front and guest list on the back :
I made a little tab on the top and adhered a gold glittered star :
I wrote the guest list on a 4x6 card from this Atlantic printable :
Between Mark + I, we did get some good key shots of the kids (someday I'll get a group photo - maybe). The front of this next page, which is a Design H page protector, is from when we sang Happy Birthday to Morgan + Parker. I went the easy route this year + bought their dream cakes - Disney Princesses for Morgan and Cars for Parker.
More gold glitter stars. On each of there photos, I layered a circle of patterned paper, a gold glitter star and a cork number for their age :
And then in one of the 3x4 pockets I filled it with sequins and gold glitter stars (adhered back to back), plus a large circle accent from the Atlantic printables in the Studio Calico shop. Perfect party bling!
On the back I used photos from them opening gifts. On the right is a tall envelope page that holds gift tags + the cards they received :
Close-up of the left side :
Just a little bit of journaling on a manila tag, accented with some star stickers and a little stitching :
Inside the pocket in the envelope, I just slipped a gold star paper clip on the right edge of a calendar card (highlighting the date of their party).
Project Life has become my preferred method of scrapbooking. If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. If you are new to Project Life, I have a round-up collection of tips and favorite layouts I've shared here. You can see all of my 2013 Project Life layouts here.

3 comments:

  1. what a great insert!!! love the gold stars and sequins! i combined bday parties one year for both kids- whoa it was CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! And yeah, I don't think I'll be doing that again. Too crazy!

      Delete