Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Letterpress

Every time I see a letterpress card show up in the Studio Calico Project Life kits, I get really giddy. I wonder how I can use these pretty cards without messing them up. I consider hoarding them or just pinning them up on my wall. The label letterpress card, below on the right, is from the May Planetarium kit :
When September's class was announced at the beginning of this month, I became a little obsessed. Okay, a lot. Letterpress is Tina Aszmus' baby and I'm so so geeked about her teaching the class with some amazing contributors. These ladies make up some of my favorite scrappers ever.
And when you sign up for the class, you get this gorgeous class kit, while supplies last. Letterpress paper + five sample inks, plus a fun plate to try out.
And now, the shop is filling up with colorful inks, papers and Studio Calico letterpress plate + dies. Note : hit the notify me button for items that appear to be sold out and you'll get an email when Studio Calico restocks that item! I really practiced some restraint and tried not to go too crazy with supplies. Because you know they are going to come up with new stuff I'm going to want, right? Here's a peek at what I ordered :
basics : letterpress bundle / ink in gold, black, teal blue and yellow (I scored more at Joann's in their clearance section last week!) / 4x6 thick letterpress paper / cleaning wipes

plates : I thought I'd start with a few versatile plates so I have plenty of options to play with + to use to create Project Life cards. Easy does it, Nicole. I grabbed hello circles / today frame / geotag / alphabet.

plus, the holiday plates just screamed with Christmas card + December Daily potential : magical sentiments / deer / magical presents are all mine.

I cannot wait for this class to start!

Want to see more? Here's a great video Lisa posted to the Studio Calico blog on how the plates + dies work :


Due to the late arrival of the letterpress supplies, registration for Letterpress will now end on September 15th. Class still begins on September 1st. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment