Saturday, July 27, 2013

Marks & Co : Project Life Weeks 27 + 28

Studio Calico's August kit, Marks & Co, is now available to subscribers.
Please note : at the time of this posting, these links will only work for Studio Calico subscribers. The kits will be available to the general public at 12 midnight EST tonight, the evening of July 27th.

This month I completed two weeks of Project Life with the August kits. Week 26 was a spread I am sharing exclusively with the Toolbox students. If you have been on the fence about signing up for this class, you have 4 more days to sign up! 

I loved the kits this month and ended up picking out more than I usually do. Which figures because between vacations, other projects and deadlines, I had the least number of spreads to complete and time to finish them. Alas, it is all in my stash now and I can't wait to incorporate more of it into my scrappy projects.

Some of my favorite pieces include Kal Barteski's stamp set in the Project Life main kit (I think the entire creative team adored this set!), the cork alpha in the Woolf add-on, the Dew Drop gold arrows in the Salinger add-on + the diecut labels, flag tabs + letterpress card in the Steinbeck Project Life add-on.

Week 27 : Marks & Co Project Life kit + Steinbeck add-onSalinger add-on + Woolf add-on This week was 4th of July and we spent the second half of the week in Canada on a camping trip. I printed a 12x12 enlargement on the right side page protector and added a Design H page protector as an insert to include a few highlights from the trip. I am working on a mini album to get into more detail with this camping trip, as well as the one we are taking in August. Click the images below for a closer look + more details on the insert :
Week 28 : Marks & Co Project Life kit only. The colors in the main kit were fabulous as always this month and I especially loved all of the prompt-type cards that were included. Makes it easy to figure out what you want to document. I had a lot of fun embellishing the date card too - something that I typically don't do at all - embossing, hand stitching and stamping were all jammed into that little 4x6 card. 
Other favorites this month : Marcy's stamp set for the Project Life stamp add-on + Tina's letterpress cards (which I put right in my This is Me album stash) + the 4x6 paper pad. I squealed when I first saw this last month and I must remember to get one with my next order. If you are a Project-Lifer, you know how perfect this is!

Happy shopping + I hope you have a great weekend! I'm taking a little road trip to get scrappy with my favorite Garden Girl. So excited! :)

Project Life has become my preferred method of scrapbooking. If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. If you are new to Project Life, I have a round-up collection of tips and favorite layouts I've shared here. You can see all of my 2013 Project Life layouts here. Interested in subscribing to the Studio Calico Project Life kitSign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment