Thursday, June 6, 2013

Project Life : closing album one + opening album two

Week 17 was the last week that comfortably fit in my first album for 2013, so I officially closed that album and started a second album with the month of May. Using the Studio Calico Roundabout kits, here is my closing page for album one :
Really simple stuff - a family drawing from Morgan, a photo of the four of us dancing in the living room, a few embellishments and a little stamping. I chose cards with blues, greens and grays to help tie the page together. The 'and then...' card was perfect for this page. A 'to be continued' of sorts.
And the opening page for my second album :
For this page I went with warm colors and chose to work with the reds and wood tones from the Roundabout kits, and edited the photos to black and white so they wouldn't compete. I actually used the same photo of Mark and I in my Week 18 spread and I'm okay with that. We only have so many pictures of the two of us.
It didn't photograph well, but the red tag above was stamped repeatedly on a slight diagonal with Versamark with the 'let love grow' stamp from the stamp only add-on. In hindsight, I should have embossed it or something to make it pop more.

On the field notes card below, I simply wrapped a label around the edge and stamped the months May through August on it - the months that will be held in my second album.
Project Life has become my preferred method of scrapbooking. If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. If you are new to Project Life, I have a round-up collection of tips and favorite layouts I've shared here. You can see all of my 2013 Project Life layouts here.

1 comment:

  1. Love your end and beginning pages - I'm splitting my album at the end of June, but it's going to be tight. Next year I think I'll switch to the three album a year method.

    ReplyDelete