Friday, June 28, 2013

let's go wander : a travel minibook base

This month I picked up the Valley High scrapbook add-on 1, Matthew, and immediately set it aside for a special project.
It definitely has a travel theme, and though I didn't have any vacations in mind to document, I thought my daughter would really enjoy her own mini book to record our camping adventures this summer. The colors were so her + the October Afternoon Travel Girl embellishments were a perfect touch. So, "let's go wander" was born.
Supplies used :
Valley High Matthew add-on
Moments cards
Valley High printable labels
transparency
vellum
black StazOn ink
(2) binder rings

This mini is super simple to put together. I just cut up the patterned paper into 4x6 pieces and adhered some of the Moments cards back to back to cover the solid white back (though those would have been perfect for more journaling or adhering a full size photo). After putting the paper, tags, journaling cards and vellum in a random order, I hole punched the left side for my binder rings and then started playing with a cover. I typically choose a thick material like chipboard to cover with paper, but this time I thought I'd try transparency. I'm really happy with the results.
Here are a few snippets of the inside of the mini book. This is just a base for now, that Morgan can add photos, words (with our help), stickers and all of her little found things too. I'll probably let her dig though my washi stash so she can use some of that up too. :)
I think an add-on kit is a fun + simple way to build your own mini book and I hope this gives you some ideas for your next project. I'll share Morgan's completed book at the end of the summer. Thanks so much for looking!

Before I close, I'd like to pass along an offer to you from Studio Calico. Quantities of the Project Life kits have been increased month after month since it debuted in December, and now they are available for purchase to anyone! If you'd like to give a subscription a try (on any of the main kits), now is a great time.

Save $5 off your first kit with the following codes with a new subscription to any of the Studio Calico kits. Your subscription will start with the July Valley High kit.

Valley High Project Life kit : use code PLVALLEY
Valley High Scrapbook kit : use code SCRAPBOOKVALLEY
Valley High Card kit : use code CARDVALLEY

This offer ends on July 30th at midnight EST. You can read more about Studio Calico and there kit subscriptions on their FAQ page here.

Have a wonderful weekend! I have plans to scrapbook with my mom and sister, and the highest intentions to put a big dent in my This is Me album. Someday I will finish it. :)

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic!! Love how you mixed all of the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great Nicole. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Morgan is going to like finishing this album. Do you intend to show the completed album on your blog?

    ReplyDelete