Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Project Life Week 14 + new stamps in the shop

Hello week 14 + hello new stamps. It's long overdue but I have 6 new stamps in the shop today plus previously sold out stamps have been restocked.

new stamps : confession // tell it like it is // internet slang // on a scale of 1 to 10 // smile worthy // what a day!

This week : it was my birthday week. The big 3-5. Morgan was on spring break from school, as was my sister, so we had lots of visitors this week. And lots of the typical - dress up, eating and playing.

Full spread : (click any of the images below to enlarge)
Left side :
 
Below, I played around with my Mister Hueys and sprayed some 3x4 cardstock to make a few One Little Word / I Choose - inspired quote cards. I saved a few for my This is Me album and slipped one in for this week too. Yellow mist is Taxi. Alphabet stamps are from Hero Arts. CHOOSE is stamped in Hero Arts Charcoal Mid-tone ink. What a Day stampHero Arts Navy Mid-tone ink on the journaling card on the right.
Below, like the true scrapbooker I am, I saved the paper wrapper that lined my burger tray and used it like patterned paper in the 4x6 pocket. You've done that, right? :) Along the right edge is the internet slang stamp. In case you need clarification : OMG = oh my gosh/god ; FTW = for the win ; WTF = what the f*ck ; LOL = laugh out loud ; SMH = shake/smack my head. Here, it's a cherry bbq, bacon + cheddar burger for the win. :)
Right side : the top left photos of Morgan + Parker (yes, he is wearing a princess dress, poor guy) with my nephews is stamped with tell it like it isStaz-on and I love how it turned out. Nice and crisp. The white pen I used on the same photo is from Uniball. I haven't decided if I like that one any more than my old stand-by white Sharpie paint pen.
Below are peeks of the on a scale from 1 to 10 stamp and confession stamp (with Hero Arts Tide Pool Mid-tone ink). We dug out a gift Morgan got from Santa (at the time it was shunned because it was not "princess" so we put it in her closet for another time), a Lego Friends set and she LOVED following the drawings and putting it together. She's taken it apart and put it back together a few times since then. Definitely going to need to add some more of those to her birthday wish list.
Tina's Currents journaling cards will be available at the end of this month with the May kits at Studio Calico. The set is awesome! The kids have been obsessed with golden delicious apples lately so I've been adding the produce stickers to the journaling card to document that. So easy if you don't have a photo or lots of journaling to write. On the right is the smile worthy stamp.
Thanks so much for looking + feel free to ask any questions below!

Project Life has become my preferred method of scrapbooking. If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. If you are new to Project Life, I have a round-up collection of tips and favorite layouts I've shared here. My 2012 Project Life posts can be found here. My 2013 Project Life posts (using the Studio Calico Project Life kits) can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment