Monday, April 22, 2013

Planetarium sneaks

Hmm, so apparently I called Studio Calico's Spencer's kit my favorite Project Life kit so far. Well I'm already changing my mind. Planetarium just got bumped to the top of the list. If you are interested in what kits I used this month - I got the Project Life kit, Project Life add-on kit and Scrapbook Add-on 1, Orion - and completed three new spreads. Here are a few sneaks while we wait for the full reveal at midnight on the 27th. You can see peeks of all of the kits in a slideshow here.

What exactly made these kits so awesome? First of all, the colors. Lots of yellows, blues, orange and a bit of pink. Very fun. The sneak below is from my spread using only the Project Life kit. The 3x4 card on the right side is a letterpress card and it was so hard not to hoard that little baby.
Lots of other little unique bits too - like the paper clips and tiny gold sequins - both found in the Project Life kit. The "Because when you stop and look around this life is pretty amazing" stamp below is in Orion, Scrapbook add-on kit 1.
Something else I loved is the journaling cards continue to be double-sided, but this month, the reverse side is the same as the front, but in a different orientation. Perfect if you use the other Project Life page protector styles and need a combination of vertical and horizontal cards. Again, the journaling cards below are from the Project Life kit. The Pink Paislee / Heidi Swapp aqua letters and numbers are also in Orion (scrapbook add-on 1).
Probably the most unique piece of the kits I played with was found in Orion. A full sheet of wood veneer with an adhesive back. I ended up using mine in the Silhouette, cutting several of the cut file designs that will be available in the digital shop at reveal. I made the raindrop card below, a little peek-a-boo pocket, so you will be able to see through the drops to the following week.
See anything you have to have? I'll share my full layouts on Saturday just after the subscriber reveal at noon EST.

2 comments:

  1. I would like your awesome handwriting, please!!
    thank you! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete