Thursday, April 25, 2013

Jamaica : a love + travel mini book

In about 5 hours last weekend, I put together a sweet + simple mini book for our trip to Jamaica in March. Before we left, I gathered a small selection of products I wanted to use and chose patterned papers to cut down and fill the inside of the red love album I purchased from Jamaica. I added a bit more red on the inside of the album, as well as white, blues + kraft to keep with a somewhat beachy feel. I'm really happy with how it turned out! And if you've seen the last few mini's I've made, this confirms that I love chunky books.

You'll notice we didn't do a whole lot besides sit by the pool, sit on the beach, eat + drink. Honestly, that was the point of the trip. Enjoy the sunshine + relax. And we had a blast!

Ready for the page-by-page tour?
The page on the left folds out when you pull on the red tab and our boarding passes are inside the flap.
2147 was our room number. Inside the glassine baggie on the right is our room key.
This arrow by Freckled Fawn.
Red heart transparency is some well loved + hoarded Hambly.
Love arrow from Freckled Fawn.
You are my fave stamp from Amy Tan roller stamp.
His + Hers stamps from Elise Blaha Cripe.
 
The tag with the Jamaica flag came from a doll we bought Morgan. I clipped it onto a small kraft baggie with a white clip that came in the January Studio Calico Project Life kit.
The page on the left was just a combination of the Studio Calico ampersand mask + Mint Julep Mr. Huey's and I used the inside white space for some longer journaling.
Thanks so much for looking! And Jamaica, please make more of these albums.

21 comments:

  1. I would say this is mini perfection!!
    I love how you did the larger photos!!
    you ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you!! You know I appreciate that so much. ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome mini album!!! I love everything about it!! Especially love that cute "look here" arrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krystyn! Those vellum pieces are so fun!

      Delete
  3. So fabulous! Looks like an amazing (relaxing! perfect :) trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erica! It was so relaxing. :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE!! but then again i love all your books...can i just send you a pile of my stuff & supplies & you can make it for me ;) haha! on a serious note..i love your handwriting! have you ever thought of making it into a font?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mindy! I haven't seriously considered making a font. I feel like my handwriting changes too much for it to look consistent - if that makes sense.

      Delete
  5. this is fabulous! i love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Nicole! I love this little album! What a perfect capture of your trip (which looked pretty fabulous, by the way!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, super fabulous! Thank you Vicki! :)

      Delete
  7. love this! my favorite thing is the ampersand with the writing in the negative space. i may steal that idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You would not believe how I love this album! I've shared it on Pinterest and Facebook already. Is it 4x4? I saw the place you bought the album - is that a rub on, on the front? Who makes that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracie! It is 4x4 and the red acrylic cover was made by Jamaica (jamaicamakes.com). It came with the script 'love' on the cover etched on.

      Delete
  9. Nicole, this is so much better big. IG just doesn't do it justice! The people/heart/ampersand under the etching is brilliant. Not being a "red" person myself, I still haven't used mine but seeing it here with the kraft and blue/teals, I'm inspired. AND, insanely jealous you went to Jamaica, I've never been. It looks absolutely divine.

    Thanks for making my little book look SO awesome!
    xo, jamaica

    ReplyDelete
  10. just came across your blog from jamaica's site and i am totally in love with how you made your minibook. i am totally inspired. just wanted to say thanks for the creative energy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to know, where did you get the blue acetate alpha?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're from Heidi Swapp from earlier this year.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! Your album is adorable by the way. : )

      Delete