Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Project Life : Week 45

Week 45 : November 5 - 11

This week : I debated even posting this week because there is a lot of blurred out stuff. But I've been consistent about sharing all year so I'm just going to go with it and hope you understand. :) Other than the election here in the US, and the blurred stuff, the other big thing that happened was when I came home on Saturday to find Morgan had chopped off some of her hair. The pile is a little deceiving and while it is noticeable, it's not horrible. Getting it fixed is on the to-do list this week. I'll be sure to record a before and after of her then.

This week I used the Studio Calico Sock Hop card kit as my base, plus a little bit of my own stash. Here's how it came together :

Full spread : (click the images to enlarge)
Left side :
Couldn't get this week complete without a little bit of the election tucked in. The 'vote' diecut is from Kinsey Wilson (it was hard to choose which one to use, they are all awesome). 
One of my fave photos from this week. The card kit stamp set is awesome and not just for cards!
Right side. The 'all we need is love and coffee' printable was a freebie from Tina Aszmus earlier this year :
While trying to relax and take a deep breath last week, I caught this glimpse out our kitchen skylight. Lots of 'chill out and just be' moments last week. I used an exacto to cut out the arrow shapes in the patterned paper and backed it with another patterned paper from the card kit :
I used some paper scraps to make the mini banner and sewed it on. I punched a circle out of the red Jenni Bowlin sticker to make a frame around the birthday girl blowing out her candles.
Here is the damage Morgan did on her hair. Mostly around her face and from a glance it looks like she has long bangs now. I'm relieved she didn't cut it too short, but still bummed. It's just hair, right?
Thank you so much for peeking into my week!

Project Life has become my preferred method of scrapbooking. If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. If you are new to Project Life, I shared what I learned during my first month here. And, all of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

8 comments:

  1. another great week!!
    let me tell you a story about my middle daughter's "hair cut" at that age...
    I found her sitting on her toy box with scissors in hand, realizing she had whacked chunks out of the back of her hair. THEN!!! she hid the hair underneath the Sit n Spin!! haha! I freaked out then because it was just a few days before she was to be a flower girl in a wedding. Luckily it wasn't that bad, and today I can laugh about it! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we all have hair cut stories with our kids. My daughter at around age 6 walked up to me and I look and she had cut her bangs up to the scalp and part of the hair on the side of her head. Off to the hairdresser we went. I learned then it is just hair. Love the PL Spread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great. I love your Project Life. Very inspiring... just when I am in a rut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the girls chopping their hair is one of my biggest fears! Way to handle it with a measure of grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like seeing your pages even with the blur ! Thanks for sharing your pages with us.

    ReplyDelete