Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Project Life : Week 44

Week 44 : October 29 - November 4

This week : Halloween and all the activities related to it, like a preschool party and parade, pumpkin carving, trick or treating and candy consumption. We got our iPhone 5's! Mark and I also had a triple date night with my sister, brother-in-law and friends. We capped off the weekend with our first fireplace fire of the season. So cozy!

Every week is different in so many ways - between the products I choose to use, how simple or 'dressed-up' I decide to make it, and my time allotted and desire to just call it done. I spent yesterday morning looking through my first two albums of this year's Project Life and week-to-week, they have been quite different. When I'm working on a spread, I'm trying not to worry about it not 'matching' last week's layout. Not every week is going to be consistent with the ones before and after it. It is the whole that matters. I'm reminding myself of this, and embracing it, 10+ months into this project.

So, onward. This is how the week came together.

Full spread : 
 Left side :
I ended up stitching the pocket with the leaves in it closed (and see thru from last week). The colors are still changing...
Love the free Halloween printable from Design Editor!
Right side. Inside the orange polka dot bag is a tag with some private journaling :
Halloween! I tried so hard to get a decent picture of the kids together in their costumes but all Parker wanted to do (anytime we are outside) is ride his bike. I figured it was better to get a picture of them happy than a picture of them red-faced, crying and/or pouting. That's life around here :
Lots of Elle's Studio Spooky Tales pennants throughout the spread this week. The purple one below fit perfect with our triple date night!!
Ended the week happy + so very thankful. Indeed.
Thank you so much for peeking into my week!

Project Life has become my preferred method of scrapbooking. If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. If you are new to Project Life, I shared what I learned during my first month here. And, all of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

10 comments:

  1. Your halloween week looks great! I love how you used the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. you always bring everything together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should apply for the Becky Higgins 2013 Creative Team. Love your all your work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! That's very nice of you to say. ;)

      Delete
  4. Your spread is fantastic! Love how well it all came together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pages! Are those real leaves? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are! I picked them up in our yard a couple weeks ago when they were bright red. They've continued to change colors, which is pretty cool.

      Delete
  6. Great layouts. I LOVE how to stitched the leaves into the pocket and left it open to the previous week. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, Nicole! I love the spider card, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you use your own handwriting. Nothing else compares.

    ReplyDelete