Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Project Life : Week 39

Week 39 : September 24-30

Full spread without insert (click on images to enlarge) :
Left side :
Lots of fun packaging from a few things I bought this week, so I made a mini collage on some patterned paper for one of the 3x4 pockets. 'Buy' is a Silhouette cut - the font is called Soymilk. Lesson learned is one of the new stamps in my shop. Love how easy it is to choose an ink color and stamp it on a grid journaling card. I recently added a few boxes of the new 4x6 grid cards to my stash too. Can't wait to use those!
I didn't have much to say about the leaves changing colors in our yard so I just added one simple word to the center of the photo with some Lilybee alpha stickers :
Right side :
These are a couple of my favorite cards this week. Love that quote on the left. I think I need to make a larger print for myself for my scrap space :
Last weekend my mom, sister and I got together for some cropping and shopping. I used a piece of scrap grid patterned paper, my Week in Review stamp and a few embellies to write some notes about our weekend together. They are always high anticipated and always go by way too fast :
Parker and I went Halloween costume shopping and picked out a firefighter costume for him and Rapunzel for Morgan. Can't go wrong with a new princess dress for her and I'm happy I bought them early because they love to dress up so much :
One small insert this week. I simply copied the text from my 'around here' post last week and printed it out on some cream cardstock cut down to 8x8. I added alpha stickers for a title, a little washi on the left edge and a date stamp on the bottom :
I stamped 'the story of today' (from this Ali Edwards set) on a punch file tab for the edge :
The back is a drawing of Santa that Morgan drew last week. She has Christmas on the brain and I will reluctantly admit that we've already listened to a little Christmas music :)
And the back of the tab. I haven't been brave enough to sew through a page protector yet, so after I trimmed this 8.5 x 11 one down to size, I used washi tape on the edge to close it up.
I felt really good yesterday when I was working on this spread. Totally in a groove and got it done quickly without too much frustration or questioning what I should do to dress up each pocket. Some days are like that. Major ebb and flow but I really love this project and have grown to love the process. Apparently it only took me 9 months to be truly happy with how I approach my weekly spreads. Ha! I'm sure that will be a different story next week. :)

Thank you so much for looking! If I forgot something or you'd like more details, just ask.

Project Life has become my preferred method of scrapbooking. If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. If you are new to Project Life, I shared what I learned during my first month here. And, all of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

4 comments:

  1. you look cute in your pic!
    quit hiding that hot bod!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a giggle at the lesson learned card. We will admit to also being convinced to listen to Christmas CDs here too :) maybe a few months ago lol.

    You should totally treat yourself some more cute outfits as you are looking good & feeling good in them I bet too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the tortellini. Love Morgan's Santa!

    ReplyDelete